Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a new thread on this topic. I have 2022 Super Indian Chief Limited with 400 miles on it. Bought it pre-owned with 200 miles on it, traded into a Harley Dealership. Prior owner didn't record any of the Master Codes and I've had no luck finding. Planned to get it from dealer at 500 mile service on July 1st.

Meanwhile, the battery died. I took it out, tested, yep, dead. Replaced it tonight. Now, bike immediately starts and goes to the Pin Screen with the red/key indicating security system. I replaced the key fob battery to eliminate that as well.

I have no PIN given the above situation.

Others have said they haven't had this issue when replacing the battery.

Is there any work-around here to get it started? Did I mess something up changing the battery? Something I'm overlooking?

Thank you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe it is indicating that your bike is not recognizing your key fob and it is asking for your master pin… Does your key fob set your alarm okay? I don’t believe you have hard bags so I’m not sure what other functions you might test to make sure your fob is working properly.. Seems like a key fob issue … I know you’re new to the bike but this is a simple fix, albeit aggravating for a new owner…. Good luck, you have a great ride! -JR

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is indicating that your bike is not recognizing your key fob and it is asking for your master pin… Does your key fob set your alarm okay? I don’t believe you have hard bags so I’m not sure what other functions you might test to make sure your fob is working properly.. Seems like a key fob issue … I know you’re new to the bike but this is a simple fix, albeit aggravating for a new owner…. Good luck, you have a great ride! -JR
My key fob has no buttons and, to my knowledge, sets no alarm. It was working fine before this battery issue. You are correct that this key fob also does not lock anything.

I was spoiled with my Scout that I bought last year. Pretty much zero issues. So far, tough time out the gate here. Thanks for the note.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm updating here and I have to admit it was likely human error on my part.

I went and slowly worked my way backwards to double-check my work installing the new battery. While the batter terminals were tight/good, I think the antenna connection was not pushed in firmly enough. :confused: I did a better job making sure this was snug....bike started right up. Posting the answer to admit my own human mistake and in case it helps anyone else in the future. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Glad you located the issue… once you get the master pin and your 500 miles service completed, you can ride with confidence.. just a little advice with these bikes, 95% of electrical issues are due to loose battery terminals, a bad battery or a loose connection somewhere… just take a little time to go over those areas regularly or at least when you change your oil and it will save you unnecessary headaches… safe riding and again congrats! -JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts