Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone PDF'ed the the Repair Manual for the 2014 Rides yet, Vintage, Chieftain, Classic, I'm not paying that high retail price. Discounted maybe

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought one of these and while it is usable it is a bound photcopy of the manual. Some of the edges toward the spine are not as sharp as the real thing. That said any technical reference is better than none.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
You just spent 20K plus on a motorcycle. Just bite the bullet and buy an original. It will pay for itself the first time you use it.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,762 Posts
I have one of the "knock off" manuals. I drilled holes through it to put in a three ring binder and it is just fine.
It is kind of hard to argue with enzo's logic, I've used it myself. I will try to save where I can in order to put more parts, gas, etc into the bike. It's pretty hard to pass up a nearly half price repair manual, though

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
OK, why can't I find the 2015 Indian Classic service manual on the Indian website? I can only find 2014 and it says "it doesn't fit" by bike.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
OK, why can't I find the 2015 Indian Classic service manual on the Indian website? I can only find 2014 and it says "it doesn't fit" by bike.
On the cover, mine says "2014-2015 Indian Motorcycle Chief/Chieftain/Roadmaster Service Manual PN 9925352"

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
On the cover, mine says "2014-2015 Indian Motorcycle Chief/Chieftain/Roadmaster Service Manual PN 9925352"
Can you send me a link?

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I ordered one Saturday while at the dealer. $140, 2 to 3 weeks. Back order. I won't be held hostage over a few dollars. They told me to drop it off, maybe be a week. No way, bud. Got on this forum. one of the guys told me what the code the bike was giving me meant and I fixed it in 20 minutes. Wheel Speed Sensor was loose, just took 1 of the shims off. Works perfect. Now just gotta wait for my manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the Link given by razzcar above says it is not available. Question. Does the sensor get too close to the "wheel" as the brakes wear down? I just got a ticket for speeding due to speedo not working because of this.

·
Bronze member
1,237 Posts
Call your closest dealer and order one. Mine took about a week to come in. They aren't on the website that I know of.
Granted, OEM paper service manuals are expensive, but in my opinion, worth every dime. I only resort to .pdf versions when paper isn't available. I have not been able to find a source for the 2016 Indians. I realize that there are probably few differences between 2015 & 2016 models, but sometimes the devil is in the details. I gotta get one someplace.

·
Bronze member
2,234 Posts
I bought this manual, I don't know if it's a direct copy of the original, but I don't like it so far. It's left out details that were important to the jobs I was doing.
Like changing the headlight bulb, it made no mention of the clip under the rubber boot.
Or, the front wheel removal, It tells you to remove the front fender, but doesn't mention removing a caliper. I didn't take off the fender, didn't need to at all, but had to take off at least one of the calipers. I'd like to see an original to compare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts