Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I see that there are the levers to pull up in order to remove the trunk, but is there a screw that must be removed? I am sure it’s something simple but can’t seem to figure wha I’m doing wrong when trying to unlatch my trunk. Thanks

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
There is a tiny anti theft screw on the each q.r. latch. You have to remove that then unplug the wiring harness and it will come right off.

Reactions: Smokn Gunz

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Yes, it will come off easily. Just remember the wiring harness as mentioned above. BTW - it is heavy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
You don't have to pull the bags if you trim your allen down so it is short enough to get between the bags and fender.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
You don't have to pull the bags if you trim your allen down so it is short enough to get between the bags and fender.
You can also unlatch the bag, rotate it outward on the exhaust, let it rest against your leg, and remove the screw. Then simply rotate the bag back up and re-latch it in place.

FYI, most people including me never put the screws back.
I put mine back, every time, as it is cheap peace of mind for not having a $3000 trunk stolen when I am traveling...

·
Registered
309 Posts
The first few times I removed my trunk it was a tight fit on the pins. The very first time I thought the cam locks were catching, it is a good tight fit. I also put a towel on the mudguard as an additional protection when taking on and off on my own. My friend scratched his pannier wrestling with the dog box because it is so heavy, feels like my Staffy must be hiding inside when I remove mine ha ha

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The first few times I removed my trunk it was a tight fit on the pins. The very first time I thought the cam locks were catching, it is a good tight fit. I also put a towel on the mudguard as an additional protection when taking on and off on my own. My friend scratched his pannier wrestling with the dog box because it is so heavy, feels like my Staffy must be hiding inside when I remove mine ha ha
I grab my trunk by the chrome piece on the back, and the bottom of the backrest pad in the front, while standing to one side. Makes taking it off and on easier than trying to grab it while standing behind the bike.

Reactions: kroache
1 - 12 of 12 Posts