Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to take mine off to get it painted. Looked at the exploded view diagram and only see 1 bolt. I removed it no it's not coming up. I'm afraid to pry it up and damage it. Anything else I need to remove to get it off?

·
5 years +
152 Posts
Try sliding it forward to unhook it from the front. I believe it also explains how to remove it in the owners manual

·
Bronze member
2,539 Posts
It you're talking about the center piece of the console, you’ll ruin it trying to get it off. Someone posted on one of the Facebook Challenger sites they pried theirs off, destroying it...replacement is $$$.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
Try sliding it forward to unhook it from the front. I believe it also explains how to remove it in the owners manual
That's correct. As you slide it forward, you have to lift the back a little to clear the gas cap. Shortly after it clears, you can start to turn it to the side and it slides right out.

Kind of like the seat, there are a couple little arms in front that connect in to hold the front down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Yes sliding it forward worked. 1 more piece for the powdercoat pile. One other thing though, looks like the black center piece is also metal but glued on to the main piece. Any tips on separating it without damaging it? I was thinking of throwing it in the oven for a bit to loosen up the glue but not sure if that will harm it. Or should I go buy a heat gun for this one?

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
The only reports I've see have resulted in it destroyed. It's basically a big metal sticker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts