Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody remove the ugly sticker that's in the middle of the tank? Was going to use hairdryer to soften it up and peel, just worried about the adhesive staying behind.
FA1E7E25-A65C-475D-AED0-29D99EB337DE.jpeg

·
Registered
436 Posts
Peel it off then use WD 40 to get rid of any adhesive - works great (y) Spray it right on the remains or spray it on a cloth and rub it off. Repeat if needed :)

·
Rider
828 Posts
I used GOO GONE too. Pull sticker off , apply the GOO GONE , let sit for 10 minutes , wipes right off.

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
Hope I’m not too late to say this, but since it looks like a matte finish hopefully spraying something on and rubbing it off won’t affect it.

I’ve never had a matte finish paint myself, just thought I would bring this up in case original poster wondered about it too.
Or didn’t think about that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did mine yesetrday. Soaked it in Goo Gone, tbh it didn't really help. I'm guessing my bike was sitting the Texas heat before I bought it. I then used a plastic pry bar to scratch it off. PITA but I got it done and didn't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Try the true and trusted WD-40. Seriously, that will help taking the "goo" off and won't harm your paint finish. Matt of gloss or anything in between. We all know you need 3 things to fix anything. A hammer, duct-tape and WD-40. :) (y) ;)

Reactions: LongRoadHome

·
Registered
183 Posts
Let me clarify. I peeled the sticker off first and then used the goo gone to remove the leftover adhesive. Added a little goo gone to a cloth and swiped twice to remove adhesive. It took a couple of seconds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts