Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the chrome strips off the Roadmaster saddle bags? If so what was the results, did it leave markings etc?

·
Bronze member
1,903 Posts
Has anyone removed the chrome strips off the Roadmaster saddle bags? If so what was the results, did it leave markings etc?
Removed mine a bout a yr ago , no marks underneath. like it lots better... fishing string and heat gun. then a lil goof off. easy peasy

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
My understanding is you will see a slight seam where the bags are formed. But barely noticeable...

·
Bronze member
1,903 Posts
My understanding is you will see a slight seam where the bags are formed. But barely noticeable...
Cant see anything like that on mine.If that were true that seam could be seen below bottom and top of the plastic chrome pcs----jusayun

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Cant see anything like that on mine.If that were true that seam could be seen below bottom and top of the plastic chrome pcs----jusayun
That's good to know. I would like to get rid of mine, but I was afraid I would see the seam. That is why I said, "my understanding" as that is what I had read on a similar thread...

·
Bronze member
1,903 Posts
I have those racks on top of my bags and just thought it was a lil too much chrome. Thats just 4 less pcs of plastic on these bikeso_O

·
Registered
711 Posts
There are seams under the chrome strips. If your bike has color, they will be hard to see. If your bike is matte, it will be easier to see them. look in here for ideas. In that close-up picture, if you look closely where the bag goes down towards the fender, you can see a straight line going up. There are lines under the front one also. Now, another problem might be on bikes that are older and they have some sun paint fade, you might see the difference in the colors. That's why I added black trim on Rays scoot.

https://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/blacking-out-my-2016-dark-horse.306946/

Attachments

·
Early joiner
222 Posts
Removed mine a bout a yr ago , no marks underneath. like it lots better... fishing string and heat gun. then a lil goof off. easy peasy
‘Easy peasy’ Haven’t had any ‘peasy’ in awhile. Did a diy oil change on my RM and the new oil filter had a defective seal. Leaked out a quart of oil.
‘Easy peasy’ is the adage that goes “the worst day of riding is better than the best day at work.”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts