Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Chief Vintage 105PP. The only mod is the addition of a K&N air filter. The exhaust is very quiet and I have a blue ring on my chrome exhaust pipe where the CAT is due to excessive heat. The engine feels restricted as is and I am thinking about removing the CAT. Has anyone done this on a KIngs Mountain Chief?

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
570 Posts
Hey Sarge, you do realize your bike was built by Polaris Right? I have a 2012 Vintage, the second Indian built by Polaris. I had Indian of Charlotte remove the original exhaust and install Freedom Trump-Duals. No bluing anywhere. It runs like a scalded dog. I feels much more powerful than my stock 111, although I am only guessing.
Where you at in the Great White North? My vacation home is about 5 minutes from St. Stephen, NB. I can toss a rock off the back deck and hit Canadian water, Canada is east of me. I wish I was there, but staying in North Carolina home until this episode of the Walking Dead is over. I hope this helps.
Pete "Micmac" Cole

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
@Sgt.Vintage I have a 2010 Chief. Same issues as you describe. No power, struggling for air. I removed the exhaust and installed a Freedom True Dual system, changed the air filter to a K&N larger filter requiring longer mounting screws, and added a Dobeck controller. MUCH MUCH better. If you change exhaust and the air filter, most likely you will need to add the fuel controller.

The Dobeck isn't hard to install but a bit of a pain to adjust. Mine still isn't perfect, but the bike runs soooo much better that I don't get too excited about a few backfires or exhaust pops.

Reactions: Sgt.Vintage
1 - 3 of 3 Posts