Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my ten year old Pit Bull lift, it fits perfect, does not even come close to the brake lines and allows full drain plug access, the reason I finally put it on the lift, it came back from the dealer with a belt squeel, since I have no service manual, figured I would lift it and figure out the belt, yup it was all the way to the inside of the pulley the left adj marks were off by two notches ! No wonder. Fixed it easy. Gotta say, all the stuff I read about modify this and that, I just looked at all the contact points, thing sits level and is rock solid, enjoy,
[URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/scotwoodfordspioneerscot/media/bike%20lift%20roadmaster%202015%20005_zpscus1wp96.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my ten year old Pit Bull lift, it fits perfect, does not even come close to the brake lines and allows full drain plug access, the reason I finally put it on the lift, it came back from the dealer with a belt squeel, since I have no service manual, figured I would lift it and figure out the belt, yup it was all the way to the inside of the pulley the left adj marks were off by two notches ! No wonder. Fixed it easy. Gotta say, all the stuff I read about modify this and that, I just looked at all the contact points, thing sits level and is rock solid, enjoy,
[URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/scotwoodfordspioneerscot/media/bike%20lift%20roadmaster%202015%20008_zps4tjlxxvy.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Glad to know you tried the Pit Bull on your Indian. I have a Pit Bull...the one set up to lift the Dyna and other Harley's. I believe the the spacing of between the angle iron (lift points) differs from the standard Pit Bull lift. When I called them to see if they planned to fit the Indians, they told me not at present but will consider for later. Looks like you have the answer..at least for the standard Pit Bull.

Thanks for the pic's...nice post!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have a pit bull lift with a square plate on top with a rubber pad. It doesn't have angle iron on top. Does anyone have this pit bull and use it with chieftains etc? I picked it off the ground a few inches and it does push up on the lines going across the oil pan.

·
Founding member
905 Posts
Hey Scott,
LIke you I have been using my Sears Craftsman with no problems also.
Tom

·
Registered
552 Posts
Has anyone tried the J&S Jack on a Vintage? I watched a You Tube video comparison and it looks very impressive...not on an Indian though.
I have one of the J&S jacks I've used with my old Gilroy Indian and my Dark Horse. I bought the adapter for the Dark Horse but I'm not really sure it's even needed as it looks like it'll clear the brake lines without it. But, figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyway, I really like it.....compact, nicely built, easy to use and rolls over almost anything. Most importantly, the bike is very stable and well balanced on it. Yeah, I could've gotten a $100 Chinese jack and a lot of guys have had good luck with them. But when it comes to safety and peace of mind, the extra money was worth it to me.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
For some strange reason unbeknown to me I took two pics of the Red Bullet up on my stand today. Go figure,.....
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,901 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my 15 Vintage up on the Pitbull w/ there adapter plates. Only issue I had at first was understanding where the left rear adapter plate contacted the frame. After I figured it out piece of cake. IMHO Pitbill is still the best out there, these are built to last and made for he heavy lifts!!!!!!!

Diagram attached from Pitbull of the adapter plate locations...........

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Fuel line
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

Text Diagram Line Technical drawing Design

1 - 20 of 34 Posts