Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not sure. I don't hate it, but I'd need to see it in person. My guess is it looks better in person than pictures.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That took some stones to rip that off the bike! How did you know what was under it? I'm with WIKD1, I think I need to see it in person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi...
The trim goes for $64.99 ($57.84 ) / #7189290-02 / BADGE-CONSOLE,RR,GLBLK ( I hope this is the right part )
This was the one of the reasons that I have decided to remove it, if I didn't like the look I can always replace the part.
Also, you'll have to remove it to replace with the new one.
I mean it gets scratched so easily and also does get little dings.

The $414.99 is for the whole metal piece. / CONSOLE-OUTER,STAMP 5266759-675
btw... where did you get $414.99 for the part, that's really good price, the lowest I've seen was $454.99 from Cheap Cycle Parts.

Thanks... Joe

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Hi … Everyone,
What do you think ?
It does leave bit of a gap but overall clean, no more seeing that dinged and scratched up plastic.
If someone made this piece in leather, I would buy one.

View attachment 589278 View attachment 589279 View attachment 589280 View attachment 589281
I've been dabbling / playing around with leather working for the past few weeks. Leather working is new to me, and/but I've found with a bit of forethought and patience I can get pretty good results. If you're at all handy, I'll bet you could make a decent insert yourself with leather that would look good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been dabbling / playing around with leather working for the past few weeks. Leather working is new to me, and/but I've found with a bit of forethought and patience I can get pretty good results. If you're at all handy, I'll bet you could make a decent insert yourself with leather that would look good.
I think I might try it out...
Thanks WillyH

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Looks much cleaner to me. It's your bike, your money and your decision and you like the results....there you go.

I'm all for removing things that bug you and, if it makes the bike look better...(y)

I removed the tank badges on my last HD. Cheap, thin metal over a piece of cheap plastic. On a cleaning, my rag caught the corner of the left side metal and pulled off a bit. I had them replaced under warranty. Next cleaning, right side of the replacement badge caught the corner and, again, pulled away from it's "mount". That time, I removed them both (they always looked cheap to me anyway) and I had many good comments on the look. In fact, removing those unsightly badges allowed the paint to flow as designed.

Beau clean and waxed primary side.jpg

·
Rider
858 Posts
Hi...
The trim goes for $64.99 ($57.84 ) / #7189290-02 / BADGE-CONSOLE,RR,GLBLK ( I hope this is the right part )
This was the one of the reasons that I have decided to remove it, if I didn't like the look I can always replace the part.
Also, you'll have to remove it to replace with the new one.
I mean it gets scratched so easily and also does get little dings.

The $414.99 is for the whole metal piece. / CONSOLE-OUTER,STAMP 5266759-675
btw... where did you get $414.99 for the part, that's really good price, the lowest I've seen was $454.99 from Cheap Cycle Parts.

Thanks... Joe

CONSOLE-OUTER,STAMP,CHR

5266759-156

$414.99

·
Bronze member
3,435 Posts
Looks like an option they'll have in the future calling an Elite or something and charging you more for deleting a part..

Reactions: Cmiller

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts