Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my tank off to swap my tank badges. Put everything back together as I removed them, and now the bike won't start. When I turn it on, it beeps for longer than I thought it did before. I also don't think I hear the fuel pump priming. After the beep goes off, it'll crank, but just won't start. Owners manual says to check the fuel pump/ignition circuit breaker. Hell, even if I could get it off, I wouldn't know what to check for. The breaker does click when attempting to start, and the battery reads12.5. I can imagine that would be the culprit, but I have it on the tender just in case. Any thoughts? TIA.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have figured out, the fuel pump is definitely not coming on. Did the priming procedure from manual. Checked all other fuses, they are all good. Still don't know what to do with the circuit breaker. Any thoughts about the fuel pump? If it is the circuit breaker, what am I looking for? Bike is three weeks new, so pump should be good.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You double checked the little plugs are plugged in under the dash ? Theres a lot of em under mine, the bag locks and the heated grips are the same looking but labeled and the fuel pump and start switch are different so no way to mess those up.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,049 Posts
Good Morning,
The fuse box and relays are behind the left side-cover. The fuel pump relay will click when you turn the ignition on. You can visually inspect the fuses or check for continuity with an ohmmeter. If you've got a multimeter/voltmeter or a trouble-light you can check for power at the under-dash plug-ins, and, as pioneerscot suggested, it'd be a good idea to make sure that the plug-ins are properly connected. Its got to be something simple. Good luck,
--- Randall

·
3,682 Posts
Took my tank off to swap my tank badges. Put everything back together as I removed them, and now the bike won't start. When I turn it on, it beeps for longer than I thought it did before. I also don't think I hear the fuel pump priming. After the beep goes off, it'll crank, but just won't start. Owners manual says to check the fuel pump/ignition circuit breaker. Hell, even if I could get it off, I wouldn't know what to check for. The breaker does click when attempting to start, and the battery reads12.5. I can imagine that would be the culprit, but I have it on the tender just in case. Any thoughts? TIA.
Cycle your red kill switch. If the switch is off the pump will not run. I am not sure if the kill switch would let you crank the engine though but worth checking. Dean E

·
2,049 Posts
Oh well, don't feel too bad, I wish I had a dollar for every time that I kicked myself into a state of total collapse before realizing that the kill switch was in the "don't run" position.
--- Randall

·
Registered
103 Posts
Last time I took a tank off a bike, it dropped and snapped the plastic connector at the fuel pump. whole new pump/filter, gotta love Ebay!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Really? The 180 degree error?!!?

I have NEVER had ANYTHING like that happen to me!!! :rolleyes:

Semper Fi,
DrZ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts