Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Remaining glue comes off easily with 3M adhesive remover
That was the hardest part of the job, removing the adhesive left behind. The 3M did the trick, thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My bed pan is next to the bed for those cold floor mornings. Its incredible they designed a wonderful motor and great tech for the bags and tires (chieftain) and come up with a diamond shape I guess it confuses people into thinking that is one nice honda.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I checked the bed pan on my Vintage and it has the Indian script under the 111 badge, I'm still happier with the looks of the performance intake.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Just for grins I figured I would check my RM. Sure enough it had the Indian script so I pulled the 111 Medallion off and polished it up. It looks great. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took 111 off after looking on reverse of air cover. Wow it says Indian. Removed easily with hair dryer and dental floss. I am impressed someone found this looks much better than the 111. Thank you

·
Registered
404 Posts
So has anyone taken the "111" off and not found the Indian script?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I removed the 111 badge today. Had plenty of heat. Dental floss was not strong enough. Used fly line as was recommended (thanks!). When the badge started to lift I used a silicon heat resistant spatula and slowly wedged it off. Looks great! Must be 2015 glue.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just did mine today...had the Indian logo on my bed pan, much nicer....only problem, one bolt was on so tight the Allen wrench stripped the bolt head....had to cut a groove in it to get it out....now I'm short a bolt.
How does cutting a grove in the bolt get it out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, yesterday just got my Chief Classic and within 30 min. I asked the dealer to try to remove the 111 plate to see if what I was reading here in the forum was true. Indeed after removal, a perfect engraved Indian script logo appeared! So now up to the next modifications....

Cheers, View attachment 7128
I removed that cover also on my Roadmaster and had a small bottle of HD Vivid Black touch up paint and clear coat which I used for painting the Indian lettering on the air cleaner cover, the front fairing badge, the dashboard logo, and the trunk logo. Trimmed the excess off with a single edge razor blade. First attempt looked great until I washed the bike and the paint started too peel off. Re did it and covered it with the clear coat....voila. Looks great....they should do it this way from the factory!!

21 - 40 of 123 Posts