Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, yesterday just got my Chief Classic and within 30 min. I asked the dealer to try to remove the 111 plate to see if what I was reading here in the forum was true. Indeed after removal, a perfect engraved Indian script logo appeared! So now up to the next modifications....

Cheers,
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Vehicle

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,874 Posts
For people who have not done this;
It is my underswtanding that the Indian logo is not on all of the air cleaners. Don't know why, how, or what bikes.
Take the cover off and look at the back of it. If "Indian" is engraved on the cover, you can see the outline of it on the back. No outline, blank cover.

·
Founding Member
682 Posts
For people who have not done this;
It is my underswtanding that the Indian logo is not on all of the air cleaners. Don't know why, how, or what bikes.
Take the cover off and look at the back of it. If "Indian" is engraved on the cover, you can see the outline of it on the back. No outline, blank cover.
Thanks, will do!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx Chiefwannabe1, look great but I am not so technical...so I guess will have to ask my dealer;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all, yesterday just got my Chief Classic and within 30 min. I asked the dealer to try to remove the 111 plate to see if what I was reading here in the forum was true. Indeed after removal, a perfect engraved Indian script logo appeared! So now up to the next modifications....

Cheers, View attachment 7128
Inspired, I pulled mine off last night, I've always hated that '111' medallion. Strong adhesive, you need to work carefully to pry that thing off and not damage the bedpan. The medallion will not survive so you need to be committed. Remaining glue comes off easily with 3M adhesive remover.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Inspired, I pulled mine off last night, I've always hated that '111' medallion. Strong adhesive, you need to work carefully to pry that thing off and not damage the bedpan. The medallion will not survive so you need to be committed. Remaining glue comes off easily with 3M adhesive remover.
Super Cliffh93, my dealer used a heat gun to get it off. I had the same with the "111" huge medallion, did not like it at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I put the Indian Big Sucker AC, I took the stock chrome filter cover and with the 111 logo and am converting it to a wall clock for my man cave.

---
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain
Great Idea of the wall clock! Will probably borrow your idea...Thx

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,874 Posts
Hair dryer and dental floss. The medallion will survive unscathed.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm on it, ordered a great belt buckle and will pull the bed pan off today and abscond with the wife's blow dryer and have at it. Great Idea! Damn snow!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just did mine today...had the Indian logo on my bed pan, much nicer....only problem, one bolt was on so tight the Allen wrench stripped the bolt head....had to cut a groove in it to get it out....now I'm short a bolt.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Just did mine today...had the Indian logo on my bed pan, much nicer....only problem, one bolt was on so tight the Allen wrench stripped the bolt head....had to cut a groove in it to get it out....now I'm short a bolt.
ACE is the place with the helpful hardware man!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Looks Great!

Reactions: Banjoman
1 - 20 of 123 Posts