Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to take the reflector off the rear license plate bracket on their Scout? I'm talking about the red reflector, about 1" tall, 3" wide, right below the white LED license plate light. I took the fork and fender reflectors off but wasn't sure about this one. A pic of what it (the bike) looks like without it would be helpful for me. Thanks!

·
Bronze member
2,008 Posts
Mine wasn't there to begin with, didn't know about it until reading here of people removing them.
It's actually the only one I would want since the taillight doesn't seem to reflect when Scout is shut down, just not going to bother adding it either.

Made these pictures at knee height, darker one using flash. When I stand a short distance away the space for the reflector isn't very noticeable at all, so I guess it's meant only for seeing from farther away.

The square holes are where the Hex/Allen wrench is stored on the other side. I would think pushing on the reflector from that side might be the best way to remove one, maybe while also heating it with hair drier or heat gun (with low heat).
IS_back1no-reflector.jpg IS_back2no-reflector.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and pics. I don't like the look of the empty pocket it leaves, so I'll let it just stay on. If it falls off, then that's another story ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts