Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
460 miles on bike
Remote saddlebag locks not working
Button on fairing works, remote does not.
Anyone else seen or heard of this?

·
Rider
1,006 Posts
Don't have a Challenger. Had a similar problem on my Master Chieftain....Try changing the battery in your fob. Know its a new bike but it could be that simple.

·
Founding member
1,149 Posts
Haha, if it was the FOB battery your bike likely would be unable to start... I think the batteries cost about $2 so please if it is that don't make Polaris pay for it because they will just spread the cost out on us all....

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
When you press and hold the lock button on the fob does it set the alarm?
Is it not working on both lock and unlock buttons?

Apart from a bad battery from the factory it might be the contacts not operating properly.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Apart from a bad battery from the factory it might be the contacts not operating properly.
After locking bags with 1 push of lock button then hit lock button 2 times in fast succession to set alarm. Horn should chirp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It started working again after a ride. Poor connection or bad fob/battery maybe. I called the stealership, they are going to adress it when i do my break in service and parts install appt.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,125 Posts
Back when I had the Chieftain I used to change the fob battery at least 2 or 3 times a year.

·
Rider
848 Posts
Pull the right side cover off, unplug the harness going to the saddlebag, spray the plug with contact cleaner and put some dielectric grease on the connection and reinstall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts