Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

As I've almost got thew first 1k Mike's on my new RM, my wife has concluded that the footrests put her in an uncomfortable position on longer rides.

Has anyone experimented with modifying the position of the passenger footrests? I'll b exploring commercial options, but I'm not opposed to engineering my own solution too.

Looking forward to you're feedback!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all!

As I've almost got thew first 1k Mike's on my new RM, my wife has concluded that the footrests put her in an uncomfortable position on longer rides.

Has anyone experimented with modifying the position of the passenger footrests? I'll b exploring commercial options, but I'm not opposed to engineering my own solution too.

Looking forward to you're feedback!
I used a spline adapter with 5 positions on the back of the footrest. I think they are Kuryakyn brand floor boards. The splines rotate for several angle adjustments, combined with the 5 location positions on the floor board, creates multiple position options.

Splined Peg Adapters | Footpeg & Floorboard Adapters | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been pondering this further, and really need to find a solution. My wife is tall, with long legs, and while that may seem like I'm bragging (maybe a little) I really just want her to be comfortable so she can handle the longer rides.

I'll be experimenting with some of the ideas here, and I'll keep you all up to speed as I go. If any other ideas pop up, please post them!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or, if you're not in the market to sell me a set, can I get the plans from you? I'm sure I can find a machine shop to fabricate them for me.

I think this is precisely what my wife needs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had them on my RM for several months and they are definitely wifey approved!! View attachment 602877
This looks cool, but it's the opposite effect I'm looking for.

Rather than move the knees up, more into a fetal position, I want to move them down and forward.

Looks like someone fabricated a good solution, but they seem to be an inactive member now. Someday maybe I'll give it a go!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife is taller, with longer legs. Her problem is she had a hip replaced. The replaced side is fine - the side that hasn't been done yet gets stiff and painful after 45 minutes to an hour, where she has to get off and stretch. Dropping the floorboard to the lowest setting has helped. I've now ordered the Rivco brackets to move the trunk back 2 inches (it's on back-order, so I don't know if that will solve it yet). Searching on this forum for "long legged wife" turned up a few threads, and there was a link to an adjustable floorboard that looked promising, but it appears it is no longer manufactured.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just located the old thread:

Like I said, these looked very promising, but I don't think they're made anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This looks cool, but it's the opposite effect I'm looking for.

Rather than move the knees up, more into a fetal position, I want to move them down and forward.

Looks like someone fabricated a good solution, but they seem to be an inactive member now. Someday maybe I'll give it a go!
These are adjustable and in 5 seconds she can move them 90 degrees forward of position in picture, streching her legs out and putting her feet in a lower forward position. My wife loves her because she has 4 or 5 positions between these and her floor boards.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rivco makes a set of fully adjustable passenger floorboards my girlfriend is very happy plus they have a tour pack relocator that lets her slide back about 3 more inches I have that setup an she is very happy

·
Registered
39 Posts
purpleride - what is the part number for those Rivco adjustable brackets? All of the ones I find on their site are for Harleys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts