Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on rellocating 2018 Scout rear shock mounts so that shocks are in a more
upright position? and therefore actually work better! i have seen a photo of a custom scout with this done

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Looks like you need a modified subframe for that.

btw, the same shocks mounted in a more upright position will make the ride harsher.

I would forget about a different mounting angle and try different shocks/springs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no ive seen it done with brackets would definitely NOT make ride harsher, it may actually allow the shocks to actually compress instead of pivoting on the mounts. I have a lot of info from qualified suspension expert calling the suspension on Scouts dangerous.[
I will also be replacing shocks with Ohlins or Nitrons]

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
Roland Sands used to make relocation brackets for the hooligan Scouts. Maybe that’s a good source to start.

·
Silver member
4,936 Posts
Looks like you need a modified subframe for that.

btw, the same shocks mounted in a more upright position will make the ride harsher.

I would forget about a different mounting angle and try different shocks/springs.
Yup

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found The Roland Sands relocation brackets, they are part of a kit they make to make a Hooligan Tracker, I just want the brackets, unfortunately they dont answer my emails, so ill try calling. I have my new Nitron R1 shocks on and a great improvement, but I am confident the rear will be much better with the shocks relocated back at the top, giving more of an up and down angle. If you get someone to jump and down on the bike while you watch the 'shock action' you will see the shocks pivot too much without compressing the shock. [ they may look cool slanted forward, but they dont function] also if you look at the Victory Octane which the scout is modelled off the shocks are much more up and down,..Polaris screwed up

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,403 Posts
Hopefully they are using grade 8 bolts for the kit. Would hate to have them fail due to metal fatigue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts