Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is having issues with arthritis in her hand and the clutch on long trips (or when stuck in traffic) is taking it’s toll. Our dealer suggested the Rekluse RadiusX auto clutch to address her issues.
I’ll be honest, I had never heard of it before. I did a little reading about it but was wondering if anyone here has had first-hand experience with it?

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
644 Posts
From their website “You still need to use the clutch lever to shift gears, but you don’t need to feed out the clutch lever when starting from a stop. If you’ve mastered clutchless shifting, you don’t need to touch the clutch lever if you don’t want to”.
not sure what the advantage would be for your wife.

Rekluse Clutch FAQs

i have a Dynojet Quickshifter on my Roadmaster which works great - I don’t know if that would help her out

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
644 Posts
Looks like you found the solution to your wife’s problem! Pretty cool!

·
German rider
773 Posts
I would like to see first hand experience with this clutch on a TS111.
I have not found a detailed story to our TS111, but some HD info.
The needed RPM to launch the big Indians is so low, I would assume it will be difficult to find a perfect internal spring setup for creep speed and then full engagement below 1600 RPM - which is my favorite 4th gear town speed RPM.

·
Rider
854 Posts
Hey Dave, this obviously is a way more cost attractive option if it works as intended on the TS bikes, but has she tried riding a '21 bike with the new slipper clutch? The clutch relief on it seems to be much less than the earlier bikes.

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to see first hand experience with this clutch on a TS111.
I have not found a detailed story to our TS111, but some HD info.
The needed RPM to launch the big Indians is so low, I would assume it will be difficult to find a perfect internal spring setup for creep speed and then full engagement below 1600 RPM - which is my favorite 4th gear town speed RPM.
They have a specific kit designed for the Thunderstroke models.
My dealer just did one on a Scout and said the customer raved about it’s operation.

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Dave, this obviously is a way more cost attractive option if it works as intended on the TS bikes, but has she tried riding a '21 bike with the new slipper clutch? The clutch relief on it seems to be much less than the earlier bikes.
We spent the entire last weekend test riding bikes last week (I just to find some time to post my impressions) at the Milwaukee Rally. Nothing she rode jumped out at her. She has a Ruby Red Chieftain Ltd and loves the look and the overall performance of the bike. I have all the Stage 2 components sitting in the garage and I don’t think we’ll ever install them. She likes the bike that much.
So the Rekluse clutch may very well be the best and least expensive solution.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
What’s the cost of the Rekluse clutch? I looked it up. It’s about $1000 plus install. The install looks fairly straight forward.

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What’s the cost of the Rekluse clutch? I looked it up. It’s about $1000 plus install. The install looks fairly straight forward.
Yeah, I’m thinking I could install it myself. And that’s cheaper then trading up to a new bike.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Yeah, I’m thinking I could install it myself. And that’s cheaper then trading up to a new bike.
I checked out there website. There’s a nice video that is Indian specific . It looks like about a two to three hour job.

·
Registered
To many
23 Posts
It takes a little to get used to it, it can be a real pain it a parking lot. It's just like ever thing else some people thinks it's great and some don't. It is a good ideal but not for me. Before you put it in I would see if you could try one out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My wife is having issues with arthritis in her hand and the clutch on long trips (or when stuck in traffic) is taking it’s toll. Our dealer suggested the Rekluse RadiusX auto clutch to address her issues.
I’ll be honest, I had never heard of it before. I did a little reading about it but was wondering if anyone here has had first-hand experience with it?
I have used the Rekluse auto clutch on Scout Bobber. It worked as designed; no issues. The advantage is that you retain the functionality of manual clutch (if you chose to use it). I had it installed by the mechanic. Plenty of videos and information provided by the company. I do not have experience of using Rekluse on TS111.

Further, you may want to check out new TS111 models. I recently test drove Chief....the clutch is smooth like Japanese bikes and requires minimal effort.

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It takes a little to get used to it, it can be a real pain it a parking lot. It's just like ever thing else some people thinks it's great and some don't. It is a good ideal but not for me. Before you put it in I would see if you could try one out.
I know, I do not want to spend money only to devalue the bike either.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
It's not something I need for either of my bikes. But if holding the clutch in caused pain and I would have to give up riding because of it. I'd buy one in a minute. I just can't justify $1000 to have a semi automatic clutch for the fun of it. I did see on the website its easy to switch back as the are no modifications to the factory equipment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts