Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We lost our old points/ ranking system when we went to the new format. By popular request, and responding to your feedback, we (moderators) have discussed it and are reimplementing it. The point values have been modified from the old system. It’s important to us that you know we value your feedback — and that while there are some things that are beyond our control, this ain‘t one of ‘em. Our goal is to increase membership activity, and to recognize those who have made substantial contributions.

Please note that we are doing this manually. With 32k members, we are going to miss some people. We’ve got about 500 active members, and these are the folks we are working on. VERY IMPORTANT: because this is a manual system, if you hit your five-year mark or hit a milestone on your numbers, shoot me or one of the other mods a pm and we will amend.

Enjoy!

·
Administrator
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And my apologies in advance to those of you I may have missed in starting our beta rollout. I have spent a number of hours reading threads and modifying rankings, but I know I have missed some people. Shoot me a pm and I’ll be happy to redress - - or you can just post here.

·
Bronze member
1,242 Posts
I dunno... I have 93 points. Izzat a good thing? Should I care?
Don't sweat it. You guys are doing a fine job. It ain't worth loosing sleep over.
Now... if only I could get my Roadmaster out of "lockup" and put in some miles, while the sun is shining.................

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts
ya, i kinda had fun with the old system, no matter really for the most part.
But folks that contribute awesome tech info, might be a great idea

·
Silver member
5,111 Posts
That's awesome. Let's the new guys see the # of posts, which helps with confidence when asking for technical advice. Anyway, it helped me early on...

Reactions: HINK

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I'm a bit confused here. Do you mean that you are manually setting up the forum software to keep track, or will it be the mods who do it manually every time somebody needs to be upgraded?

We already have the post count under our avatar, so what does the gold/silver/bronze etc really add?

·
Rider
1,112 Posts
Thank you all! Sure sounds like a ton of work!

Reactions: HINK

·
Administrator
16,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Do you mean that you are manually setting up the forum software to keep track, or will it be the mods who do it manually every time somebody needs to be upgraded?

We already have the post count under our avatar, so what does the gold/silver/bronze etc really add?
Q1: moderators have to do it manually.
Q2: we had the same post count under the old system — along with the gold/ silver/ bronze overlay (which disappeared under the new system). The feedback we got was that people liked the old system and missed it. So we brought it back. We also added the “founding member” status and changed “senior member” from a mere 300 points (which always seemed a mismatch) to five years of actual membership.

Some people may not care about the gold/ silver/ bronze ranking system and just as we can add it, we can also delete it. Anybody who feels that way can shoot me a PM and I will be happy to delete your ranking.

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
Gotta say when I saw this thread's topic heading, it reminded me of guy on a modern Triumph motorcycle website I used to very much frequent, and who was SO old school that one of his ongoing complaints about his Hinckley-built Triumph (other than it didn't have a kickstarter) was that it had an electronic ignition system and not a breaker point setup like his old Meriden-built Triumph, and so was always thinking of a way he could retrofit one on his modern bike.

(...and so when I saw your "reinstalling points system" wording up there Hink….)

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
And “Hinckley-built,” no less — perfect!
Yep. I took a tour of John Bloor's modern Triumph factory there in Hinckley (and not that far from Triumph's old Meriden factory there in the Midlands of England) back in '96, in fact.

It's not far from Birmingham, and where the British National Motorcycle Museum is located. Another great place to spend a few hours if you ever find yourself over there on those islands of the superfluous-u spellers...namely, the U.K.

(...ah, but I think I've sidetracked your thread enough for now, huh) ;)

·
Bronze member
1,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts