Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed in terms of how they differ in sound but I'm interested in the bigger picture pros and cons of both. I rode behind two gents in our club today; one had Reinharts ad the other Tabs with zombie baffles. No question the Tabs with zombies were louder but not necessary as pleasing as the Reinharts. I would imaging the Tabs could get annoying on a long ride?. One of the pros of the Tabs is that OEM pipe tips fit their slipons, so I could use my OEM fishtails on the Tabs, whereas I can't on the Reinhart. Besides loudness (Tabs being louder) and the OEM tip fit thing, are there other pros and cons that I should consider?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have tab bam sticks with zombie baffles and my friend has the Rinehart's..
It all depends on what your ears want. I like loud so I'm in love with the tabs. Deep, throaty and loud.
I don't get bothered with the noise on long trips. Everytime I twist the throttle it puts a smile on my face.
I do know however, the Rinehart's tune easier and people like them for that.
With tabs you'll lose a little torque with out adding a tune

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know this has been discussed in terms of how they differ in sound but I'm interested in the bigger picture pros and cons of both. I rode behind two gents in our club today; one had Reinharts ad the other Tabs with zombie baffles. No question the Tabs with zombies were louder but not necessary as pleasing as the Reinharts. I would imaging the Tabs could get annoying on a long ride?. One of the pros of the Tabs is that OEM pipe tips fit their slipons, so I could use my OEM fishtails on the Tabs, whereas I can't on the Reinhart. Besides loudness (Tabs being louder) and the OEM tip fit thing, are there other pros and cons that I should consider?

Thanks!!!
Ok, first my opinion on the TAB B.A.M. is based my Challenger, so a water buffalo.

I couldn't stand the zombie baffles so I used the 2.5" baffles. Gave it enough rumble without being completely obnoxious.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
337 Posts
Is this for your Scout or Springfield?
I have the Tab 4” Shorty’s with the 1.75 quiet baffles and the sound is awesome without being obnoxious. The fit was spot on and the price was excellent

·
Rider
1,374 Posts

Thanks!!!
My 2016 Chieftain has the entire Rinehart Slimline Dual installed with Rinehart 4" slip-ons for Indian Touring. I really like the sound, they dumped the CAT, and the Thunder Stroke runs 50+ degrees cooler, gained low and mid range torque, then it was tuned by @CraigB1960 - win win
Also installed are VooDoo Intake with Indian Stage 2 cams, with NGK Iridium plugs...very happy with how the engine runs =)

All depends on what you are going for, increase in performance or just sound?

·
Premium Member
2022 Indian Challenger Limited
71 Posts
I went with the TAB 2.5 baffles. They were just right, in my opinion. I chose those because if they hadn't been loud enough, I could have just swapped out the baffles to Zombies for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with the TAB 2.5 baffles. They were just right, in my opinion. I chose those because if they hadn't been loud enough, I could have just swapped out the baffles to Zombies for 100 bucks.
Good to know. How do the TAB w/2.5 baffles compare to the OEM Stage 1's? Louder, deeper, rumblier?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2016 Chieftain has the entire Rinehart Slimline Dual installed with Rinehart 4" slip-ons for Indian Touring. I really like the sound, they dumped the CAT, and the Thunder Stroke runs 50+ degrees cooler, gained low and mid range torque, then it was tuned by @CraigB1960 - win win
Also installed are VooDoo Intake with Indian Stage 2 cams, with NGK Iridium plugs...very happy with how the engine runs =)

All depends on what you are going for, increase in performance or just sound?
That's a good question. I'm interested in both. I'm having the head pipe on my 16 SP replaced with a decatted version first. Probably next week.

Reactions: Kost

·
Bronze member
3,379 Posts
TAB makes a variety of baffles to choose from. Zombies are the loudest, 1.75 the quietest. I can attest to the quality of the TABs - the black finish on mine was superb, I wish the IM heat shield had the same finish.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Not to change the subject but I have a question. I’ve de-catted my 17 Chieftain. Would I need to change the factory tune if I was to put Rhineharts or Tabs on it?

·
Registered
21 Challenger Dark Horse
90 Posts
I know the 108 is a different note but I found the TAB w/ Zombies to be kinda tinny sounding. By myself it was fine but 2up it changed the pitch enough to make it super annoying. 2.5"s sound great but are a little too quiet. I did a Zombie on the left and a 2.5" on the right and it was just right. The worst thing to me is the tips are WAY too long. They should terminate even with the bags but they stick out a long ways.

·
Registered
2022 Indian Springfield dark horse
190 Posts
I have 22 springfield dark horse stage 2 round indian high low air cleaner lloyds tune with rineharts love the sound Nice very deep rumble loud without being obnoxious

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks!!!
I think the Reinharts. give it the perfect sound,,, not too loud but loud enough...
I get comments from fellow riders often - "Nice ride and Nice sound..."
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts