Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Reduced Reach Bar Ideas Needed

1885 10
New Scout owner (and new moto rider) Needing reduced reach bars or bar ideas. Prefer black. I’m 5’1” so my reach is maxed and uncomfortable for longer rides.
It seems there is no longer the standard RR bars to order so I’m lost for a part number to search elsewhere.
Would appreciate any help or other bar ideas (please include photo if you can).
Also, newbie question. Does installing RR bars and/or controls on own void warranty? Should it be done by dealer?

Thank you
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rider
918 Posts
My FMB 10" MERCENARY APE HANGER HANDLEBARS ON MY 2017 SCOUT 60:

·
Registered
24 Posts
New Scout owner (and new moto rider) Needing reduced reach bars or bar ideas. Prefer black. I’m 5’1” so my reach is maxed and uncomfortable for longer rides.
It seems there is no longer the standard RR bars to order so I’m lost for a part number to search elsewhere.
Would appreciate any help or other bar ideas (please include photo if you can).
Also, newbie question. Does installing RR bars and/or controls on own void warranty? Should it be done by dealer?

Thank you
Victory Octane reduced reach bars are still available. I just installed them on my Scout.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Victory Octane reduced reach bars are still available. I just installed them on my Scout.

The photo of the Victory Octane RR handlebars looks pretty identical to the Indian 10" mini-apes. Are the Vic bars actually different in some way from the mini-apes?

·
Registered
2021 Scout Bobber
121 Posts
I don't care for the look of mini-apes. I already have the Vault Mitered bars which have 8" rise and 6" pullback. After riding for a few months, I've decided I still need to reduce the reach just a little bit more to be 100% comfortable. So - I just bought the Roland Sands risers which are beautifully made and will add another 1 3/4" rise and 1 3/4" pullback (2 1/2" diagonal). So all-in will be just about 10" rise and 8" pullback. Also, after consulting with my dealer on all this, just ordered longer front brake (ABS) line and clutch cable (both +6") from Magnum in the black pearl with black chrome fittings. An EXPENSIVE solution for reduced reach, but (IMO) will maintain the original aesthetics of the bobber.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The photo of the Victory Octane RR handlebars looks pretty identical to the Indian 10" mini-apes. Are the Vic bars actually different in some way from the mini-apes?
I don't believe they are identical. I've installed them using the factory cables. I don't believe you can do that with the mini-apes. As noted in my post, I measured the RR handlebars at 2" more pullback vs the stock Scout bars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.