Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from 8 days on the road in Western Canada with my pap, both of us on our 2018 Scout 60s. ~3500 km throughout the Cariboo, the Rockies, the prairies, the coulees, the Kootenays and the Okanagan. 2020 may have postponed our usual trips south of the border but maybe it's exactly the curve ball we needed to get out there and explore our own turf. We may never get a chance to experience our own national parks like this again. Less traffic and more wildlife than I've ever seen before, it's truly incredible out there right now.

Approximate route:

If there's anything good to be said about our current situation; the pandemic, the border closures, the sudden halt to international tourism, it's that many of us are finally getting out there and exploring our own backyards. My father and I have always headed south into the United States for our road trips and like most people we're usually aiming to experience somewhere dramatically different from our home turf. With the border restrictions in place we had no option but to get out there and rediscovered the places we've known our whole lives. Insert a new highway here and there, an unfamiliar backroad, a few detours and wrong turns and here we are feeling like tourists in our own turf.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like an amazing trip. I've not taken multi-day rides yet while this stuff is going on, but I've take a lot of full day trips and like you explored places I never would have thought about in the past. It's absolutely an amazing time for riding.

·
Rider
1,148 Posts
Nice pictures. Were you camping or moteling (staying with friends) on your trip..??
We are waiting for the campgrounds to open up here in Ontario/Manitoba to get out on a trip or two.

--
Gordon

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Great trip and beautiful photos. That's what motorcycles are for. Thanks for sharing.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
That looks like an excellent trip! Happy you got to share that with your dad.

Reactions: jjhemphill

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pictures. Were you camping or moteling (staying with friends) on your trip..??
We are waiting for the campgrounds to open up here in Ontario/Manitoba to get out on a trip or two.

--
Gordon
Motels for 4 days and family couches for 4 days. Most of the motels up here are discounted right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats awesome man, you got an opportunity to ride with your pops and experience the beautiful BC and Alberta landscape. I haven't done any out of town rides yet, but they are coming:)

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
I was planning a return Newfoundland trip this year, doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Beautiful photos, how wonderful you can do it with your Pop.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great pics of a memorable trip. I live in Vancouver, so am very familiar with alot of your route.
Very nice.

Reactions: EPOCH6
1 - 14 of 14 Posts