Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Indian Chieften and am unable to read the red LED display during the day. I have tried playing around with brightness, but that does nothing.
I contacted Polaris customer service and was told that they are aware of a few customer complaints, but do not have any solutions at this time.
Does anyone have any suggestions, I ride everyday, and for the most part, the sun is always shining in Phoenix, AZ.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There has to be something that can be done. Has there been any vendors that have different LED light colors that could be used in replace of the red?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't really need to read it. The gauges you really need are visible if you can see that far. I need a pair of sunglasses with a bifocals o_O

·
Registered
391 Posts
Polarized sunglass cause the problem with the display. Non-polarized work fine for me. I found a pair of cheap sunglass with bifocals in Daytona and they work great for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 Indian Chieften and am unable to read the red LED display during the day. I have tried playing around with brightness, but that does nothing.
I contacted Polaris customer service and was told that they are aware of a few customer complaints, but do not have any solutions at this time.
Does anyone have any suggestions, I ride everyday, and for the most part, the sun is always shining in Phoenix, AZ.
Did you ever find a solution? I have a 2017 Chieftain and have the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There was a post on the forum a couple years back where someone actually changed the LEDs to different colors. His was a Blue if I remember correctly. Search the forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts