1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wonder if these pictures are of these guys taking the trip to Sturgis? LOL

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
There may be some truth to redirecting the air from the front. The Indians do have a hollow upper tube to direct air from the front of the bike to the rear cylinder to help cool.
On my Chieftain, the backs of my thighs roast at any speed unless my feet are on the highway pegs.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
I guess I'm going to find out what hot is, for I'm involved in parades.
I did a parade last month on my Chieftain. I bought a 7", 12vdc fan off of Amazon, put a cigarette lighter plug on it.
Once I got to the paraade site, I tie wrapped it to the oil cooler and plugged it in. No problems at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for posting these pic. How long does it take to remove everything and how long does it take to put everything back on?
I don't want to speak for Roll On but it takes me about 1-2 minutes to remove the saddlebags and side panels and another 1-2 to remove the trunk. Since I am riding early this year I find my self wiping down the rear fender after every ride, loving the ease of removing and reattaching!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I don't want to speak for Roll On but it takes me about 1-2 minutes to remove the saddlebags and side panels and another 1-2 to remove the trunk. Since I am riding early this year I find my self wiping down the rear fender after every ride, loving the ease of removing and reattaching!
Thank you jwcutler;
I think that would be a good true number on the time it takes.
For being the first timer, I first check to see if I had on a jacket with a zipper that could scratch and a belt buckle that could as well.
Making a place on the bench to all my pieces.
I was like a Abbott & Costello film; slowly I turn, step by step.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
In fact you can see my bench in the back ground on the first picture with a blanket covering it and my orange jacket on the far right of the photo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you jwcutler;
I think that would be a good true number on the time it takes.
For being the first timer, I first check to see if I had on a jacket with a zipper that could scratch and a belt buckle that could as well.
Making a place on the bench to all my pieces.
I was like a Abbott & Costello film; slowly I turn, step by step.
In the interest of full disclosure I should mention that the first time I removed the bags it took three days to scratch proof the shop and ensure that none of my family or friends would call, text, email, drop by announced or unannounced. Then it took 1.5 hours to unlatch the first bag and wrap it in velvet lined bubble wrap before lifting it - wearing white cotton gloves - and placing it gently into a cradle of memory foam and unicorn fur. The next day, after my nerves settled down I repeated the process for the other saddlebag. After waiting an appropriate time for my nerves to settle down, two days, I began the process of removing the trunk. I first had an EKG wired with an EMT on standby in case my pulse fluctuated by more than say...3 BPM. Then I placed the trunk in a zero-gravity well lined with baby goose down. After taking the next few days off and relaxing I took the weekend to reassemble everything.

The next time I threw an old towel over the workbench and leaned everything up against each other.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts