Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 110 Revtech engine that I am considering putting in my Scout. Does anyone have any experiance with these motors? Most of the info I found on the web is 15 years old. I also have noticed that I do not see new ones for sale.
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Rider
1,167 Posts
RevTech engines were made in Korea. This seems to have a negative bearing on people’s perception. S&S engines appear to be of higher quality and more reliable. There is quite a lot of good information regarding RevTech engines on the Harley-Davidson forum on your side of the pond, maybe worth popping in there and having a mooch about?

·
Silver member
4,842 Posts
On the Harley forum I belong to RevTech doesn't have much of a reputation. Most go for the S&S, and some go with Ultima to save a few bucks. Overall S&S is the most desirable, also more expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 100 inch rev tech 3 Gen. in my 2001 scout ,18,000 hard miles runs very strong no issues ,but i also have 2003 bottle cap engine that i completlly rebuilt with bigger cam and roller rockers thats in my 2002 spirit and it runs as strong or even a little torker, er both frames are modified with harley swingarms off softails and strutless fenders one is a wide tire rear and the other is a skinny rear with late harley springer front end , both bikes are very fast and reliable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Salt I would like to talk with you about your swing arm mod to HD softail swing arms. I am wanting to do the same thing.
541-465-8174

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will call you you friday evening,when i get home. its easy to do ,just get a harley softail swingarm ,2000-2005 and a aftermarket strutless fender a 9 inch one for wide rear 180 tire but you will have too run a rear chain.or a 7 inch one and you can run a stock rear wheel and 150 rear tire and 1 1/2 rear belt. the atvantage of the swap it looks like a ridgid or you can make it look like a softail but weighs much less and any engine will fit excepte shovelhead because the front exaust is right in front of the single down tube and when you mod ifie exaust pipe to fit cuts down too much flow. i have 3rd genaration Rev.Tech in my 2001 scout runs like a scalded dog , will out run all or most big inch softails havnt had any that could keep up with it yet put about 28,000 hard miles on it in the last 6 years,still runs great . I just built a 2002 spirit for my self with 100 inch bottle cap engine that i tweaked out runs as well as the rev tech in the scout if not a little faster it has a little more tourqe on the low end , i put a 98 springer off a harley on it , looks and rides Bad ass coolest looking engine any of them ever built,my favorite

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron:
Got your message and it makes sense to me. Will let you know how it goes. Is there any reason you went with the 2000-2006 style swingarm instead of the 1999 and earlier style? Is the pivot shaft/bolt the same diameter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ron:
Got your message and it makes sense to me. Will let you know how it goes. Is there any reason you went with the 2000-2006 style swingarm instead of the 1999 and earlier style? Is the pivot shaft/bolt the same diameter?
i cant remember they were take offs that were around the shop i think the first one i did was the earlier one and the spirit one all so , but i also have a 99 chief frame that has the later one i belive its bearied back in the shop ill have to look i will let you know.. i think they both work just diffirent pivote bearings.the largest wide tire you can is a 180 with a chain too clear . an oring chain will rub no room to play

1 - 8 of 8 Posts