Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I'm the happy new owner of the 1st Indian in Singapore !
I ordered a Chief Classic 2015 black and i'm planning add black leather saddlebags. I heard about Osprey (Osprey Limited Finely Crafted Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags Any one have tried them? I contacted them recently and they said they are preparing new brackets compatible with Indian 2015 models... If anyone has a good recommendation for saddlebags vintage style compatible on Indian Chief, i would appreciate the tip !
Moezito

·
Founding member
951 Posts
I have US Saddlebags and think there great. The lids lock and the bags lock to frames also. And a XL trunk bag from Boss Bags. They been in the leather business 35 years. There are several other quality USA made bags out there as well. I like the factory bags but too expensive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Guys
I'm the happy new owner of the 1st Indian in Singapore !
I ordered a Chief Classic 2015 black and i'm planning add black leather saddlebags. I heard about Osprey (Osprey Limited Finely Crafted Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags Any one have tried them? I contacted them recently and they said they are preparing new brackets compatible with Indian 2015 models... If anyone has a good recommendation for saddlebags vintage style compatible on Indian Chief, i would appreciate the tip !
Moezito
Moezito,
How about these? They would be perfect on your new Chief Classic. They ARE quite "classic"!
They really are from a 1940 Indian Chief.

20141227_140418_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the tips.
@ Blue Chief, your saddlebags look great... factory ones i guess right? are they better than Osprey or other specialized brands?

·
Registered
638 Posts
They are stock Indian black bags and I added Indian fringe. Unlike the Vintage the Classic bags allow for fringe as seen in the pic. They attach to factory Velcro on the inside rim of the bag lid. I like this look and have seen it on old Indians with black bags. The black bags were very popular with the old colored Indians. The skulls are from Amazon as paracord bracelet beads and are sold by veterans. I slide them on and put a bead of hot melt glue on at the inside base of each skull to hold in place.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
They are stock Indian black bags and I added Indian fringe. Unlike the Vintage the Classic bags allow for fringe as seen in the pic. They attach to factory Velcro on the inside rim of the bag lid. I like this look and have seen it on old Indians with black bags. The black bags were very popular with the old colored Indians. The skulls are from Amazon as paracord bracelet beads and are sold by veterans. I slide them on and put a bead of hot melt glue on at the inside base of each skull to hold in place.
Nice touch Blue Chief.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The Vintage bags do allow for fringe attaching to the top, as well as on the bottom edge of the bag. Twice the fringe!

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
160 Posts
MOEZITO here is a pic of the U.S . Saddlebags. The opening locks and they lock onto the bike. I like that you can't slip your hand in the opening. They are leather over a hard material, not sure what. $800. Total View attachment 4581
How do the US saddlebags attach to the Classic? Does it use the Indian mounting system/spools?Thanks, Jefe

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It's very similar I believe. Just take the 2 bolts off each side and put theirs on w/mounting bracket. Very quick. Look on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Look on the Chief Classic Forum. I explained on-( I stole the idea from one of you guys.) It took about 2 1/2 hours. I'll admit, I get a lot of looks.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts