Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founding member
475 Posts
That's the horn cover. The air box is on the other side of the motor.

·
Rider
979 Posts
My new to me 2017 Chief Vintage has this airbox. Does anyone recognize it? View attachment 578347
No picture but I would say that if you are looking at the horn cover and thinking it is the airbox then you probably need to read the owners manual and become familiar with your bike.

I don't know if you owned other bikes before or not, but either way, anytime I get a new to me vehicle I educate myself on it just make sure I know how it operates and how everything functions. I believe there is also a free PDF service manual somewhere on this site where you can even learn more about your bike.

Good luck and remember there are no stupid questions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the horn cover. The air box is on the other side of the motor.
Duh! Newbie ignorance! Thanks!
No picture but I would say that if you are looking at the horn cover and thinking it is the airbox then you probably need to read the owners manual and become familiar with your bike.

I don't know if you owned other bikes before or not, but either way, anytime I get a new to me vehicle I educate myself on it just make sure I know how it operates and how everything functions. I believe there is also a free PDF service manual somewhere on this site where you can even learn more about your bike.

Good luck and remember there are no stupid questions.
Yes, already got that from a previous response.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Duh! Newbie ignorance! Thanks!
Hang in there, Daviddk. Some questions you only need to ask once. :)

If you are new to bikes then perhaps there are some riders close to home who can take you under their wing for a bit. Most riders will gladly help a new guy through the basics.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Hang in there, Daviddk. Some questions you only need to ask once. :)

If you are new to bikes then perhaps there are some riders close to home who can take you under their wing for a bit. Most riders will gladly help a new guy through the basics.
Hell, the sales clerk, service tech, or owner/manager should have at least walked him through the bike before he rode home!

Reactions: aygraha and SJ12DS
1 - 6 of 6 Posts