Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly im a new biker (<30km driven) was in a stationary stuck in bad traffic accelerated when it started moving and seemed like traffic was going to move (traffic signal green) but this carrier pickup vehicle infront of my abruptly halted and i got overwhelmed and tightly held the front brakes i slipped. Nothing happened to me or the bike. I was riding with a friend behind me on a CBR 250R and he told me that the wheel-locked. I just started last week so i'm pretty much a noob.

Should i upgrade to a duke 390 as it has ABS or a CBR 250r abs? Or should i ride the duke 200 and practice sudden braking?

·
Founding member
2,282 Posts
Confidence comes from experience. Everyone has had these "pucker" moments and they happen more frequently when we are learning to ride. I doubt that you'll get a lot of advice on an Indian board about KTM bikes, but I will recommend that if you have an opportunity to take a MC rider training class you should do so. You will learn a lot about techniques, as well as the mindset needed to handle the situations similar to the one you describe. And yes, practicing sudden braking is always good - regardless of what bike you own/ride.

·
Silver member
4,714 Posts
Could not agree more with the Motorcycle Fundamental Class. Also, find a deserted parking lot and practice..practice...practice. Motorcycles are not very forgiving, they amplify mistakes. Even seasoned riders need to practice up on essential skills like braking from time to time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts