Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my recall done Tuesday and was done in about 2 hours. One surprise I notice the next day when cleaning it up was the digital pin screen rather then the old way of doing with directional. Also they did not erase my tune.. Here is pic of digital pin screen and did everyone else get the pin screen.

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
I have been curious about this. Does this give you the option of entering the pin with the screen or the old flasher way?

Have you tried it?

·
Bronze member
4,109 Posts
Got my recall done Tuesday and was done in about 2 hours. One surprise I notice the next day when cleaning it up was the digital pin screen rather then the old way of doing with directional. Also they did not erase my tune.. Here is pic of digital pin screen and did everyone else get the pin screen. View attachment 594426

One thing that seems to be happening, is when Indian released the new version of digital wrench and new (second) version of the VCM software, the ECU tunes are being left alone.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does the PIN screen come up instead of the "Key FOB not detected" message? I had the shifter recall done a few weeks ago. Yesterday I realized my PIN was not working. I was able to re-enter it with the turn signal and using the master PIN. I don't get the screen you are showing. '17 RM.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,070 Posts
I get that screen for setting a new PIN as well. When the dealer set up my first one, he used the flasher. When I went to program a new one, I got the number screen. 19RM with last October update....

·
Bronze member
4,109 Posts
Does the PIN screen come up instead of the "Key FOB not detected" message? I had the shifter recall done a few weeks ago. Yesterday I realized my PIN was not working. I was able to re-enter it with the turn signal and using the master PIN. I don't get the screen you are showing. '17 RM.

The new version of the VCM software has had this for a year now. Basically anyone who had the VCM re-flashed got this new feature. It showed up on the 2019 models and VCM's are getting the new version with the gear sensor replacement recall.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,817 Posts
So those of us with the antique little screen, pre 17’s, are just SOL then I guess.

·
Rider
681 Posts
Yep got it on my 18 Chieftain after the gear sensor fix!!!

Reactions: Baron58

·
Registered
450 Posts
Has anyone with a 2017 got it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts