Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
Well, now you have..If the tail light is too bright and you can not tell when the brakes are applied is a safety item and needs recalling.
Why did you start a new thread when there is already a running thread by the same name?

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Well, now you have..If the tail light is too bright and you can not tell when the brakes are applied is a safety item and needs recalling.
Why did you start a new thread when there is already a running thread by the same name?
Where is the other thread located RB.?

Thanks!

·
Bronze member
1,847 Posts
Found the recall in my ride command app. I just went out to the garage to check. There is a significant difference in no brake/ brake lighting. Frankly I'm not in any hurry to get this corrected. Ymmv

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the recall in my ride command app. I just went out to the garage to check. There is a significant difference in no brake/ brake lighting. Frankly I'm not in any hurry to get this corrected. Ymmv
I completely agree, I didn't see any real reason for a recall, i guess some snowflakes must have rear ended someone and won a court case over it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The recall only affects the 19 limited chieftain with round red tail/brake/turn signal.

This recall does not affect the tear drop tail light

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,847 Posts
thanks thomas. I have 2019 chieftain dark horse and got the notice. I'm on the fence frankly over getting it done.

·
Registered
556 Posts
thanks thomas. I have 2019 chieftain dark horse and got the notice. I'm on the fence frankly over getting it done.
You can refuse the reflash
Go to your dealer and let them know.
When your dealer files the claim with Polaris there is an option for your dealer to tell Polaris that you refused the flash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
3,869 Posts
Tail lights too bright? Hell I'd put head lights on the ass end if I could. Then maybe the text fiends would take notice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friend that rides with me says that it is very frustrating for him because sometimes he can not tell if Im breaking or not. Unless he is right behind me he is not sure if he is see a break light or running lights. "The running lights are very bright." "If i look away then look back I can not tell if your breaking. Ya I now see the reason for the recall." Im not sure on this one. But if people can not tell if they are seeing a break light or not then it does not feel safe. Im also looking at break lights the strob or flash when applied. I have see this and find it very noticeable. That person is breaking. The unit (Pulse X =60 Latest Flasher) looks interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts