Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I'd go with both articles.

When I'm in the car I relax, but there are also times on a long trip that I need to pull over and sleep for a bit mid-afternoon.
On the bike I'm in a state of alertness that keeps me focused. I've done 10 or 12 hour days without losing that alertness.

One thing that the second article mentioned was heart rate. For a while I wore a Garmin fitness watch to keep track of heart rate while cycling. One morning I was out with my cycling group and it showed my heart rate got up to 150 bpm for a lot of the ride. That night I rode into the city for dinner, still wearing the watch. That day's info showed that riding in and riding home again had my heart rate up towards 140 bpm. Obviously it wasn't because of physical exertion.

·
Rider
985 Posts
Definitely! I actually was thinking about this the other day on the bike when I was entering a curve and noticed how my eyes focused through the curve and was aware of my brain and body making the adjustments through the curve based on the input of my eyes/senses. Heightened senses every time on a bike for sure. Too deep?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts