Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning everyone, what would a reasonable price for an Indian Scout Bobber 2018 with around 500 miles on it be. Iv been wanting to get one since they came out, saw one online about 150 miles from me. It has led headlight rear seat with a saddlebag a v tune and two brothers exhaust. Seems to be in excellent condition. They are asking 12500 is that reasonable or should it be lower. It is the matte black with the abs model. Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,728 Posts
That sounds close to reasonable, maybe a little high. A new 2019 doesn't cost much more. This is a new market. The used price value will take years to build. So at this point the price should be less than new and as cheap as you can get what you want. Just like a car you need to compare to new. New comes with a warranty and has not been run hard or misused. Used has an unknown history of use or abuse. Low mileage is worth looking at. Why would someone buy a new bike and then return it with less than 2000 miles on it? There are some good reasons but maybe he had problems with it and became fed up. Dealers can look into the ECU and see a history of information. They may or may not be willing to share this info. If they will share then look and decide. If they won't share, you still don't know the history good or bad. All of us are pioneering as customers. A high percentage are very happy. I bought the Scout when they first come out with every option available and paid full retail plus. But I wanted that new bike now and realized a new model could be plagued with problems. I ended up happy as many others have also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Goodmorning everyone, what would a reasonable price for an Indian Scout Bobber 2018 with around 500 miles on it be. Iv been wanting to get one since they came out, saw one online about 150 miles from me. It has led headlight rear seat with a saddlebag a v tune and two brothers exhaust. Seems to be in excellent condition. They are asking 12500 is that reasonable or should it be lower. It is the matte black with the abs model. Thanks in advance for your insight.
With only 500 MI it's practically brand new. Is it a ddealer demo? Price sounds like par for course.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a fully loaded '17 scout in matte black for 9k on black Friday of last year. It had 478 miles and had never been registered before. Price seems high to me but it depends on your area and demand I suppose

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Reasonable might be in the "eye of the beholder", but remember you can often negotiate some pretty good deals on new bikes once they decide to clear last year's unsold inventory. $10,000 might be a target price-range If I was looking for that model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
With only 500 MI it's practically brand new. Is it a ddealer demo? Price sounds like par for course.....

Not a dealer demo. He purchased it at my local dealer actually. As far as demand i dont see it to be honest in my area, he posted it about a month and a half ago and says he is pretty motivated to sell. As far as pricing i think i would be willing to spend around 10k, i mean the cheaper the better am i right? What about all these extra accessories do they add any “value” per say. In all honesty i dont care much for them, im a beginner and this would be the first motorcycle i actually own. I mean its cool that it has them but not if i have to pay extra for them. I tried uploading photos but its telling me file is too large. Thanks for the reply's everyone.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Not a dealer demo. He purchased it at my local dealer actually. As far as demand i dont see it to be honest in my area, he posted it about a month and a half ago and says he is pretty motivated to sell. As far as pricing i think i would be willing to spend around 10k, i mean the cheaper the better am i right? What about all these extra accessories do they add any “value” per say. In all honesty i dont care much for them, im a beginner and this would be the first motorcycle i actually own. I mean its cool that it has them but not if i have to pay extra for them. I tried uploading photos but its telling me file is too large. Thanks for the reply's everyone.
As a general rule of thumb, accessories don't add any value. The owner may be very proud of them, may think they are worth a lot, etc., but the market does not agree.

·
Registered
238 Posts
12500 might be what he has for a loan.... He's unlikely to drop price if he has a loan to pay. May be beret off looking at dealer inventory, specially if not interested in bells/whistles he has.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My guess is hes spent over 15k-16k on all that and didnt even use it.

If it was me, I wouldnt go much below 12.5. I think thats a fair price.

If you buy a new 2019 model (which didnt change anything except a USB port), the first thing youre gonna wanna do is put on a new headlight. The stock headlight is garbage at night. Then youll realize the stock exhaust is literally embaressing and borderline dangerous.

Then youll realize after you change the exhaust youll need that tune.

Same goes for those floorboards.

Oh, and after all thats done, a few months latrr youre gonna feel comfortable on that thing and wish you had a back seat when you start meeting chicks at gas stations, convenience stores, on the highway etc.

Since this is your first bike ill give you a spoiler alert: these things are pussy magnets. Try to stay single for at least the first whole riding season to take advantage of that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

If it was me, I wouldnt go much below 12.5. I think thats a fair price.

If you buy a new 2019 model (which didnt change anything except a USB port), the first thing youre gonna wanna do is put on a new headlight. The stock headlight is garbage at night. Then youll realize the stock exhaust is literally embaressing and borderline dangerous.

Then youll realize after you change the exhaust youll need that tune.

Same goes for those floorboards.

Oh, and after all thats done, a few months latrr youre gonna feel comfortable on that thing and wish you had a back seat when you start meeting chicks at gas stations, convenience stores, on the highway etc.

Since this is your first bike ill give you a spoiler alert: these things are pussy magnets. Try to stay single for at least the first whole riding season to take advantage of that.

If only i had known this before i was married and had two kids

·
Registered
232 Posts

Ha...my wife (who can't ride due to neck injury) calls my bikes dude magnets.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, accessories don't add any value. The owner may be very proud of them, may think they are worth a lot, etc., but the market does not agree.
I think it depends on the accessories, the Chieftain I purchased had all the stage 1 accessories. I knew they were accessories I would want and valued them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts