Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Hack had any trouble with the spoke rear wheel on the Vintage , like loose spokes?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Spoke wheels always require regular inspection, and all motorcycle brands service manuals give information on spoke maintenance if they employ spoke type wheels. Sidecar use requires more frequent inspection due to the extra side loads applied to the wheels by the hack. A two wheeler has almost no side loads on the wheels, a hack adds a lot of extra side load stress to the wheels (and also to the frame, swing arm, forks, and related bearings). Once upon a time this was common knowledge, but it seems not so much any more.

·
Rider
879 Posts
If your Tires have Chichen Stripes... then No Side Loads... it is easy to ride hard enough to inflict Loading...
Never say Never
Learn to check yer Spokes..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I am getting a mag wheel from another model to fix this problem, just waiting for E Bay postage to get here. More to come later.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I am getting a mag wheel from another model to fix this problem, just waiting for E Bay postage to get here. More to come later.
Mag wheel fitted . I feel more confident on the road now. I'm now thinking of converting the front spoke wheel to tubeless by sealing the rim with sealer and tape as done by others.
By the way I have also fitted a Rekluse torque clutch and am waiting to give it a good test with my large side car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts