Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,868 Posts
Decided to drop mine off at a local reputable motorcycle shop here in Valdosta. They are going to look at the tire and see if it's possible to repair if not I will have a new tire tomorrow. Sadly after only 3,000 miles on the bike thanks to a poor job done by the wrecker clean up crew after the accident from the debris of the windshield left behind that I ran through this morning$$$

·
Bronze member
3,295 Posts
Just a thought but no mar makes a great tire machine for bikes,easy to use and would pay for its self in just a few tire changes

·
Registered
859 Posts
Please could someone tell me the definitive Metzler equivalent tyre with whitewall for my Indian Chief Vintage 2016.... My dealer here in Europe seems unsure which one to fit!! Many thanks in advance.....

·
Rider
519 Posts
So in talking to my local dealer, I guess Indian has now set a set price for labor. My shops price went up over $20 an hour. Indian requires dealerships to charge around $120 per hour to work on Indians. At least, this is what I was told. Wouldn't surprise me. Thank you Indian for supporting local small garages by price gouging your customers o_O

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The dealership in Ft Worth Tx told me they would use 2 hours to replace both front and rear. I am bringing in Michelin Commanders to have them installed. About $260 for removal, mount, balance, and reinstall. I find this acceptable.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Rider
390 Posts
So in talking to my local dealer, I guess Indian has now set a set price for labor. My shops price went up over $20 an hour. Indian requires dealerships to charge around $120 per hour to work on Indians. At least, this is what I was told. Wouldn't surprise me. Thank you Indian for supporting local small garages by price gouging your customers o_O
Sounds like a load of BS...

·
Silver member
4,681 Posts
I usually change my own tires, but since I have to get my rear trunk wiring done for the recall, I decided to let them change both. Dunlop Elite 4's for $470 with tax (IIRC). I can buy them for $362 with free shipping...so basically paying $100 bucks for them to mount, balance, and install the tires. That is reasonable in my book.

·
Bronze member
1,636 Posts
This sounds more like a local dealer that wants to raise their rates and decided to create a story that places the blame elsewhere.

In my experience, PII dictates many things for Indian dealers, but labor shop rate has never been one of them. As of last fall, the 2 shops I have gone to for service charged different rates.

·
Registered
176 Posts
got a quote from a reputable bike shop for both front and rear for 470, not a Indian dealership of course. they were michelin commander || s, mounted and out the door
Did you have the Michelin's mounted? Those are great tires. I've used them in the past on my bikes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes i had them put on and rode well, but for some reason the front wore out at around 8k miles . dont know why, rear had plenty tread.. running met cruiztec now and loveum and can already see ill get better handling and mileage..
Put Michelin Commanders ll on my 2017 RM. Got 18k on front, and 23k on rear. Replacing rear now, did front already with the same. Love these tires.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just put Commander 111's on my scout. Took off the wheels and took them to a local Honda dealer. They dismounted and mounted the new tires and balanced them for $76.00. What a differance. Feels like a differant bike and feels 100 lbs lighter. Great traction and a way better in the twisties. You can lay it right down with no slippage. I installed them myself and lined up the belt without much effort.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Industrial tube supply has those tubes,cheep.
If you change with each new tire,I personally don't,never had a failure due to aged tube.
(Usually takes a nail)
Do you have a link? A google search only shows metal tubing.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts