Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm looking for easy..lol, way to mark rear tire to find air valve easier? ..ideas?
Especially if alone doing this. Argghhh. On and off bike 2,3,4 times suk.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Someone else just asked the same question and someone replied to put a white paint dot on the tire. I've been doing this since I got my Challenger. I put one dot about the size of less than your little finger tip up by the rim and another down by the tread. You can easily sand off the dots if you want later. You can stop the bike, lean over and see the one dot by the tread and know it's down at the pavement for example. It works so slick you can't believe it. And you are right, otherwise, you are up and down and up and down. It's so simple to do too. Now, if only I could find an easy way to fill the tire from the compressor. Someone suggested a straight air chuck which I bought but there's not enough room to use the one recommended because the tire valve is angled up just enough to cause you to 'bend' the tire valve down to get the chuck over it and I was uncomforting doing such. Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rydahog, I see the difference. The one that I bought is a straight shot from the connection to the air hose. If you look at the picture you posted, the angle is much different than straight and I see how it would work just fine.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I got a bright green paint pen and marked the rim next to the valve with a 6 inch stripe. Then I put another stripe at the opposite point. In most cases I can see one of them without having to go looking too far, then I can move the bike to suit.

I also bought a Rocky Creek connector, which is an easy snap fit onto the valve. It connects to a small compressor I keep in the bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts