Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. we picked up our 2019 RM from the dealer a week ago today. I was doing preride checks this morning before we go on our first day ride and found that the rear shock had zero pressure. The only riding we've done was the 40 miles home from the dealer and then a couple just around town evening rides so not more than 60 miles this week.

My question is this. Should I be worried about the shock having damage from no pressure? It appears to be holding pressure since I put air in it just now.

Appreciate any input..

/signed new guy.

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
As I recall, they deliver them with no pressure in the shock since everyone requires differing pressure and at zero it will hold a 200 lb person. Here is the chart. From the chart it seems a RM would have at least 10psi when set-up by the dealer. But do keep and eye on it. Sometimes the schraeder valve or air line have been known to leak. So if you pump it up to whatever pressure you need and check it a week later you should still be within a lb or two of the pressure you chose. Over about a 6 week period mine will lose about 3-4 lbs. That is acceptable in my book...

Reactions: RiderRoy

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I'm sure your air shock is fine. Adding air is for a stiffer ride, with luggage or carrying a passenger. I prefer a stiffer ride so set mine at 30 psi when riding alone and 90 with a passenger.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.32.25 AM.png

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
BTW, That chart is in your OM. And there should be a sticker on your side cover for reference so you don't have to pull out your manual...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts