Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Chief Classic with only 1,500 miles on it and I have recently heard a thumping sound coming from the rear fender when i go over bumps. It has been progressively getting worse and the local Indian dealership said that it is normal due to the nut at the top of the shock hitting the fender when going over bumps. Has anyone had this experience or have suggestions how to address it? I had a friend suggest the shock may need to be replaced, but with so few miles and a fairly new bike I wouldn't think that would be the case. If so, any suggestions for a new rear shock?

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2018 Chief Classic with only 1,500 miles on it and I have recently heard a thumping sound coming from the rear fender when i go over bumps. It has been progressively getting worse and the local Indian dealership said that it is normal due to the nut at the top of the shock hitting the fender when going over bumps. Has anyone had this experience or have suggestions how to address it? I had a friend suggest the shock may need to be replaced, but with so few miles and a fairly new bike I wouldn't think that would be the case. If so, any suggestions for a new rear shock?

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions.
I just put a lowering shock on my Springfield. I had to slide the fender back to get to the bottom bolt. But the top bolt wasn’t close to the fender.I don’t think the nut at the top of the shock could hit the fender. And, it’s not normal. Is there any other dealer close? Can you tell off the top and bottom bolts are tight? Is it an air shock?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts