Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Indian ones still, not upgraded yet.

But would assume to keep like the rest @ 4 Ohm

I've swapped out the front and kept them at 4 ohms but hard to get specific info on the factory amp. Will go with the 2 ohm if amp can handle the draw. Still waiting on reply from factory on the specs but there's usually some really good information on here.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
The 2 Ohm will overheat the output transistors on the amp. Stay with the 4 Ohm and play it safe. The factory will not release info for their electronics.

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
Jeff, you are no longer forced to choose between 2 or 4 ohm for high end speakers.

The "modern interpretation" of what a high end speaker should be has created 3 ohm selections with the attending high end specs (e.g. sensitivity over 90) ..

As a "for instance", check out the Infinity Reference line of speakers..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,379 Posts
I've swapped out the front and kept them at 4 ohms but hard to get specific info on the factory amp. Will go with the 2 ohm if amp can handle the draw. Still waiting on reply from factory on the specs but there's usually some really good information on here.
I swapped them out and they are 4 ohm speakers. I would not go any lower. Dean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I swapped them out and they are 4 ohm speakers. I would not go any lower. Dean
Jeff, you are no longer forced to choose between 2 or 4 ohm for high end speakers.

The "modern interpretation" of what a high end speaker should be has created 3 ohm selections with the attending high end specs (e.g. sensitivity over 90) ..

I received the radio specs from Indian and went with the Ki

I went with the Kicker PSC65 (42PSC654) which are 4 ohms. They definitely rock. Thanks to all for the helpful advise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts