Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the rear highway bars prevent saddlebag damage in a garage tip over type of thing? I'm not taking about an accident as such by hitting another object but the bike falling over.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes. I, unfortunately, speak from experience...

·
Registered
230 Posts
As JGriff63 said, yes, and I too know from experience, fortunately I was glad to have them.

Reactions: JGriff63

·
Rider
1,023 Posts
Yes they sure do protect in those types of situations, installing a set on my 2016 Chieftain this weekend!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Rider
550 Posts
My buddy dropped his Elite this weekend on our ride. Damage was extremely minimal thanks to the bars.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
949 Posts
I put them on my bike about 5 + years ago. My wife rides with me 97% of the time, I'm getting older now, and I want to protect her if some assshole hits us. As a cop I've seen some pretty mangled legs on woman passengers without the bars.

Reactions: BHlvr

·
Rider
441 Posts
Dropped my Springfield once in a parking lot and the bars did their job... no damage {except to my ego Arrrrg!}

:eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like rear highway bars are worth the expense. Now I have to wait for Indian to make some more - out of stock they said. Thanks to all who responded.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Check out the brand TCMT. It's a Chinese brand, but it's identical to Indian's bars. Truth be told, they're probably manufacturing them for Indian. I bought mine on Amazon a few years back. I'm fairly certain I paid around $100 + non-Prime shipping. The chrome, after all these years, still looks perfect. Not sure if the COVID-19 virus will throw a wrench in shipping.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
416 Posts
I agree with the other posters. When changing my left floorboard to the Kuryakyn spears I had the bars turned fully to the right. I put a bit too much pressure on the bike and down she went. But not a scratch on it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Check out the brand TCMT. It's a Chinese brand, but it's identical to Indian's bars. Truth be told, they're probably manufacturing them for Indian. I bought mine on Amazon a few years back. I'm fairly certain I paid around $100 + non-Prime shipping. The chrome, after all these years, still looks perfect. Not sure if the COVID-19 virus will throw a wrench in shipping.
Those are the ones I paid $60 for I couldn’t remember the brand but I knew it was letters that’s the one ! It’s been about a year now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts