Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you get your aftermarket rear highway bars. The OEM ones from Indian are very expensive and I have read numerous posts that several of you have bought aftermarket bars. Did they fit correctly? I have read some reviews on Ebay that a couple of sellers have a very bad reputation and I would like to avoid them. Also when you bought yours did it come with the mounting hardware?

Thank you

·
Registered
436 Posts
Revrent - Did you get my response? Check your first post about the bars.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would also like to see people's opinions and responses. I would like a set of rear bars for my Chieftain too. The Indian branded set is $399.99 CAD. I am not sure why they would be so expensive. It's crazy!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought a set from Amazon for around $90. Here's a set for even less.

https://www.amazon.com/XMT-MOTO-Mot...keywords=indian+motorcycle+highway+bars&psc=1

Mine are every bit as good, IMHO, as the Indian OEM bars. I can't tell any difference, and they are robust and well made.

I can't remember if they came with the bolts, but the bolts in the covers that come on the bike would work just fine.
Wow! That's an awesome deal. The exact same product from the same seller is $213.99 on Amazon Canada. Even with the exchange and duties etc., if they will let me order them from Amazon US, they would be half that price. I will give it a go. Thanks for the tip - I always forget to check Amazon US!

EDIT: I ordered these. $50.50 for shipping so the total was $114.49 USD so far.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Wow! That's an awesome deal. The exact same product from the same seller is $213.99 on Amazon Canada. Even with the exchange and duties etc., if they will let me order them from Amazon US, they would be half that price. I will give it a go. Thanks for the tip - I always forget to check Amazon US!
And I thought we were the ones with all the tariffs! ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
And I thought we were the ones with all the tariffs! ;)
Nope. The US has nothing on Canada when it comes to tariffs - at least those imposed on its own citizens! I would hazard to say that Canada is one of the most self-tariffed countries in the world. Canada hates its citizens buying anything from outside the country and does everything in its power to stop it. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Nope. The US has nothing on Canada when it comes to tariffs - at least those imposed on its own citizens! I would hazard to say that Canada is one of the most self-tariffed countries in the world. Canada hates its citizens buying anything from outside the country and does everything in its power to stop it. It's ridiculous.
When my son was in grad school in Scotland we wanted to buy him one of those new-fangled (at the time) Kindle Fires. The ones on Amazon UK were about twice as much as the ones on Amazon US. We got the bright idea of buying it here and shipping it over. It sat in customs for three months and they charged me another $120. :(

Reactions: Arctic Rider

·
Registered
436 Posts
I bought mine from Amazon, brand TCMT and they cost me $131.99 shipped. I just looked them up and they are now $89.99 with free shipping. They came with the fasteners and instructions. No issues with the fit or chrome.

·
Senior member / gold
6,983 Posts
I bought mine from Amazon, brand TCMT and they cost me $131.99 shipped. I just looked them up and they are now $89.99 with free shipping. They came with the fasteners and instructions. No issues with the fit or chrome.
I bought the same brand, which looked and worked perfectly. They come with mounting bolts, but check the threads, because my hole threads were a different pitch than the mounting bolts.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Update: I got the rear highway bars from US Amazon today. The product with shipping and exchange from USD was $154 CAD. I did not get dinged with any duties or other customs charges (which is interesting considering what's been in the news lately on tariffs between Canada and the US!).

The bars installed easily with the included chrome hardware. They look great and now I have some protection for my saddle bags in case.....well, I'm not going to even say it!

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
Checkout my rear crash bars. Note the additional horizontal protection. These bars are "fat bars". They are larger in diameter than the Indian ones or any other ones I have seen. I never use bags but they are designed to be used with them. I just like the added protection and the shinny fat look. They match my front "fat" crash bars. I got them from Aeromach and they were a lot cheaper than the Indians ones.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

·
Registered
81 Posts
Update: I got the rear highway bars from US Amazon today. The product with shipping and exchange from USD was $154 CAD. I did not get dinged with any duties or other customs charges (which is interesting considering what's been in the news lately on tariffs between Canada and the US!).

The bars installed easily with the included chrome hardware. They look great and now I have some protection for my saddle bags in case.....well, I'm not going to even say it!

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
No, they can't hear you, they have those $200 'Pinnacle' foam plugs in their ears.
And $500.00 air cleaners and $10.00 FOB batteries.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Exactly! I saved about $250, so now I am looking for some highway pegs! ;-)
I'm not trying to drum up business, but I've got a set of Kuryakyn Longhorn pegs I'd let go for about half price. PM me if interested. They're just gathering dust.

Reactions: Arctic Rider
1 - 20 of 23 Posts