Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock Highway Bars for the new Indians list for $349.99, eBay has them for $100.00 less! Any Quality issues with the ones from eBay?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The bars only protect the bike if dropped while sitting still or at a very slow speed. No highway bars can be expected to do more than that. E-bay is my best parts store. I see the item, record the information, then go to goggle to research the item. I have never been disappointed. Still buyer beware

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bars only protect the bike if dropped while sitting still or at a very slow speed. No highway bars can be expected to do more than that. E-bay is my best parts store. I see the item, record the information, then go to goggle to research the item. I have never been disappointed. Still buyer beware
I understand the functionality of the bars, I was more interested in the Quality. Is it possible that they are made by the same manufacture? I have been a fan of eBay for their Customer purchase protection guarantee for a long time.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure I paid $249 not $349 at my dealer in Florida
The listed price I got was what was published in the new 2015 Accessory Indian catalog P/N 2879582-156-

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I stole that info from another forum. I was about two weeks late in saving any money on it as I had already bought mine for bigger bucks. The good news is the bruises from kicking myself are no longer visible.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Wow! Thats a great price! Have to check shipping costs as the company identifies customer is responsible for shipping costs!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got a $199 set off of Ebay and they work great, howerver, I did have to ream out the holes a bit to get them to fit properly as the holes were just a little bit off. Total time to mount, including time to find the drill and bits.....15 minutes.It took a little while to remember where I had put the bits ;)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I just went through the system on this website and the price of the bars is less than the shipping charges!
$182 bars.......$200 to ship to Ontario Canada!!!No thanks! I want to add the rear bars, however i wont pay that!!if anyone finds a better method of shipping, please advise!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Question... do the rear highway bars protect the hard saddle bags in case of a bike tipover? It looks like the saddlebag protector bars cost about $100 more (stock)?

·
Founding member
678 Posts
MDHawk
Yes they protect the hard saddlebags in case of tip over. My foot slipped on some gravel at a stop and the bike went over and got scratched. That is when I spent the bucks on the guards.
Tom

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I have been riding a motorcycle for 52 years nearly weekly.

There will come a time when you will tip over from a dead stop and a set of rear road/crash bars will protect the bike a lot more than just having front road/crash bars.

At the price for new hard bags or repainting, I always run the rear bars on any bike that I have owned.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The stock Highway Bars for the new Indians list for $349.99, eBay has them for $100.00 less! Any Quality issues with the ones from eBay?
I just bought them for my bike. On line $299, called the dealer and was quoted $349. Asked why the difference from Indian web site. Was told they had been looking In the parts catalog and not the accessories catalog. Two different prices In two different parts books. Got them for $299 and they shipped no charge.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a set from this forum, used original Indian equipment "OEM" like new, very happy [playful]

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a set from this forum, used original Indian equipment "OEM" like new, very happy [playful]
Oops! sorry this purchas was from EBAY $152, there fantastic -

1 - 20 of 22 Posts