Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still considering trading my 17 Chieftain on the base Challenger. Stopped by the dealer again today for like a 4th look. Today I noticed 3 black bolts/screws on each side of the rear fender. I'm not sure I'm digging that. Anyone know what they are for?

·
Registered
462 Posts
So I'm still considering trading my 17 Chieftain on the base Challenger. Stopped by the dealer again today for like a 4th look. Today I noticed 3 black bolts/screws on each side of the rear fender. I'm not sure I'm digging that. Anyone know what they are for?
That's why you need the bag fillers, and one reason I bought a limited. Looking at those bolts would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why you need the bag fillers, and one reason I bought a limited. Looking at those bolts would drive me nuts.
They are kinda unsightly ya. Didnt notice them before. The Base is the color combe I like most and dont really want to spend 30k on the limited.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
They are kinda unsightly ya. Didnt notice them before. The Base is the color combe I like most and dont really want to spend 30k on the limited.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If the base is the color you like buy the fillers to hide the bolts. I think it really looks unfinished with the bolts showing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the dark horse have the bag fillers or just the limited? My dealer only has 2 base models, so couldn't compare in person. Cant find the fillers on Indian website, so not sure what those cost. I'll need to consider that if I trade my Chieftain in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does the dark horse have the bag fillers or just the limited? My dealer only has 2 base models, so couldn't compare in person. Cant find the fillers on Indian website, so not sure what those cost. I'll need to consider that if I trade my Chieftain in.
DH doesn't come with them either.
Those and the Engine Guard.

I just installed the lowers today.

The Uppers haven't been priced by Indian, so my dealer can't order them. 😡

Here's the numbers for the uppers NOT shown on my order at the bottom of this post.

5457625- *** LH UPPER
5457626- *** RH UPPER
***=See chart for 3 digit color code

There's several other small components that you'll need to buy also.....See pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts