Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this the other day with the 2020 Challenger I bought in April and have 1800 miles on it so far. Date of manufacture is February 2020.
The rear engine cylinder is shown signs of seepage on the shift side of the bike. I was told by a dark horse rider he had heard this might be an issue or potential recall. We looked at his bike with 1200 miles on it, and he was shocked that he missed it on his as well since it was starting to show.
I put an e-mail with picture out to my dealer and Indian support. I have my 2500 mile service in 2 weeks. Hopefully will know more and can help anyone else that runs into it.
I have not had an issue like this with my Roadmaster, but my old Evo series HD did many times. On that bike it was rocker box gasket issues that I found would come to light more if you didn't leave the bike really warm up for no less than 5 minutes. This bike I usually give it about 3 minutes when I first start it and pull it out of the garage.

·
Rider
551 Posts
I found would come to light more if you didn't leave the bike really warm up for no less than 5 minutes. This bike I usually give it about 3 minutes when I first start it and pull it out of the garage.

Is that a triple negative>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, I cleaned up that original seepage and it has not come back. Thinking it was more to do with break in than anything else. Not going to worry about it at this time.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,816 Posts
Update, I cleaned up that original seepage and it has not come back. Thinking it was more to do with break in than anything else. Not going to worry about it at this time.
I was going to recommend just that. Looked like it could have been some assy lub that seeped out around the gasket. D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts