Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just added the EBAY rear highway bars to my Vintage, $130.99.
Added some chrome hardware from ACE since the bolts that came with them were yellow zinc plated. Perfect fit and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I filled the holes on the bottom mount point with alan bolt cap covers 10mm, and 6mm for the back mount this I hope will stop water getting in.

·
Bronze member
2,248 Posts
Hi we don't have a Airomach dealer this side of the pond (pity:() and has they are a Airomach item I have no choice but to look at the eBay ones.
The Airomach bars come from Highway Hawk in the Netherlands! Highway Hawk is the manufacturer and Airomach is the US distributor...

Product – Highway Hawk

Try the dealer locator from the left menu ... pretty confident you will find a dealer in EU.
(NL is full of dealers/retailers e.g. ... just put Amsterdam in there)

·
Bronze member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Airomach bars come from Highway Hawk in the Netherlands! Highway Hawk is the manufacturer and Airomach is the US distributor...

Product – Highway Hawk

Try the dealer locator from the left menu ... pretty confident you will find a dealer in EU.
(NL is full of dealers/retailers e.g. ... just put Amsterdam in there)
Thanks for the info, I got a set from EBay post free and they are made by Highway Hawk .

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
Has any one out there bought the rear crash bars that are on EBay if so are they any good, the price seems OK but what about quality ?
just installed mine, they look great and yes had to buy 6 ss bolts, happy with them. o yea 145 bucks. chrome ones from ebay. and solid chrome

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont want to hijack this thread but can someone tell me who makes those passenger floorboards? I have been looking for a set like that. I could really use a set.

Thanks!

Kerry

Just added the EBAY rear highway bars to my Vintage, $130.99.
Added some chrome hardware from ACE since the bolts that came with them were yellow zinc plated. Perfect fit and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
5,032 Posts
Indian makes those boards!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I dont want to hijack this thread but can someone tell me who makes those passenger floorboards? I have been looking for a set like that. I could really use a set.

Thanks!

Kerry
YEP, Indian factory passenger floor boards; they also have billet floor boards with arrowhead but pricey!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear you guys talking about a good set on eBay......I see tons of them. How do I know which ones are the better quality that you guys are talking about??

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can get rear bars on amazon for 56.00!
I did and they fit great and the chrome was OK for the money !

Try a search for :
Motorcycle Chrome Rear Highway Bars For Indian Chieftain Roadmaster

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I’m looking for a little better than ok for the money. I appreciate the help. Somebody please let me know if you have any info on the eBay ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Didn’t buy the crash bars, but did try the sissy bar from eBay. Ordered from WRMSLLC and it was very poor quality. It came in a box with no packing, had rust spots. I complained to eBay and the seller told me to send them the receipt for return shipping and they would reimburse me. I tried three times and they never did. Buyer beware. Now I pay the extra buck for only Indian parts!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you buying for looks or for safety? I'd hate to see those cheaper ones fold up like a napkin in a crash.
Well .. If you look at the sticker on the FRONT STOCK BARS ..It Clearly states they are NOT for Crashing !
( I can attest to this .. because I lost a foot in a crash because the STOCK bars on a different bike Crushed my Foot. )
They are meant to help if your bike falls over in a parking lot ! As ALL " Crash Bars " are meant to do this ONLY.

So yes .. I think they will be fine for that ! And Look Great !
They definitely are hefty enough to help save the expensive leather bags and paint... from a fall.
I would not cry if they get scratched for $56.00 But would if the bags and paint do !

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Well .. If you look at the sticker on the FRONT STOCK BARS ..It Clearly states they are NOT for Crashing !
( I can attest to this .. because I lost a foot in a crash because the STOCK bars on a different bike Crushed my Foot. )
They are meant to help if your bike falls over in a parking lot ! As ALL " Crash Bars " are meant to do ONLY.

So yes .. I think they will be fine for that ! And Look Great !
They definitely are hefty enough to help save the expensive leather bags and paint... from a fall.
I would not cry if they get scratched for $56.00 But would if the bags and paint do !
that is why they are called highway bars, and not crash bars...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jayred1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Just checking in on this thread ... Wondering if anyone who sourced from Amazon or Ebay is still using the Rear highway bars and can update on how they lasted .. if still using them (I am looking at one for my potential next bike a 2021 Vintage) as the Indian original stuff costs an arm and a leg. Thanks in advance

21 - 40 of 44 Posts