Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one out there bought the rear crash bars that are on EBay if so are they any good, the price seems OK but what about quality ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought them and they seem OK. I always heavily wax new chromed metal before installing. Note that they came with NO bolts so I had to go to ACE to get enough to fill all holes. So far so good over this Summer. YMMV.

Reactions: rickkcir

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,209 Posts
+1 same experience as beagle

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
What a timely thread. Looked at those on ebay for price only. I don't know about the quality. The Indian product is just to expensive to consider, so I guess I'll wait. In the meantime, let us know how you like the ebay one's

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm very picky about what I install on my bike and have stuck with mostly Indian accessories because of quality. The bike is so beautiful that I don't want anything on it that looks cheap or doesn't match. With that being said, I took a gamble and ordered these off eBay and couldn't be happier. Yeah, the chrome is probably not as thick as a factory accessory, but they shine nicely all the same. They look great on the bike and the price is definitely right.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have them and they are poor quality. chrome is the problem after a year or so the chrome will deteriate and you will have no recourse. wish I would have bought INDIAN.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I bought the black ones on eBay and they are great. It took me about 5 minutes to put them on. Fit perfectly. Saved a bunch of money. They came with the bolts, too.

·
Bronze member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have them and they are poor quality. chrome is the problem after a year or so the chrome will deteriate and you will have no recourse. wish I would have bought INDIAN.
Thank for all the your reply's will keep looking.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Has any one out there bought the rear crash bars that are on EBay if so are they any good, the price seems OK but what about quality ?
I have had them for about a year. No bolts as stated previously and the ends that butt up to the bike where they bolt on had zero chrome. That spot of the bars is not too visible so I just live with it. Other than that no issues.

·
Bronze member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They don't have them at your local Indian dealer?
Hi we don't have a Airomach dealer this side of the pond (pity:() and has they are a Airomach item I have no choice but to look at the eBay ones.

·
Registered
881 Posts
"Crash" bars...........Aaaaaaah!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts