Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question... does the rear brake feel kind of wooden to everyone else?

I've noticed that it doesn't do a whole lot until you really push, and then it tries to lock up... so like nothing, press - nothing, press a little more - nothing, press a little more - a little braking, really press -- ABS kicks in. I'm guessing I didn't notice it too much at first because it gets minimal use, but I was playing around on some dirt with the ABS off yesterday and it's not exactly the best feeling action that I've encountered on a non-cruiser.

I'm not overly bent out of shape about it, if that's the way it generally operates on all the FTRs. But I expected more from Brembo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How many miles have you done, new they lack a bit of bite but I find mine to be really good now. Also what are you referencing in comparison?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 750 miles on the bike. Typically it gets used when I use the front to slow / stop the bike or for very low speed maneuvering. Other than that, it's just to hold the bike still at lights... basically the usual purpose for rear brakes.

Over the past 25 years, I've owned everything from a tiny 250 up to liter bikes to a Busa and a ZX14 as well as a Yammy Roadliner and Harley V-Rod... so I'm kind of comparing it to all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have 750 miles on the bike. Typically it gets used when I use the front to slow / stop the bike or for very low speed maneuvering. Other than that, it's just to hold the bike still at lights... basically the usual purpose for rear brakes.

Over the past 25 years, I've owned everything from a tiny 250 up to liter bikes to a Busa and a ZX14 as well as a Yammy Roadliner and Harley V-Rod... so I'm kind of comparing it to all kinds of stuff.
I could understand a "cruiser" rider having that perspective but with that experience you've pretty much covered the field. I have heard people complaining about Ducati rear brakes before, barely holding on hill starts etc.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
I find it a little weak too, but not disturbing. (And worse since I have the Gilles rearsets, because it sits a little low still)

·
Bronze member
2,384 Posts
You can adjust the rear plunger to make the rear brake more sensitive to smaller moments, similar to most other bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Not really any different than other bikes I've had. It's not the strongest but it's nothing that would be notable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts