Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VIDEO
Hello, all. This evening I heard a clicking sound from my rear wheel. I found that this noise was caused by the brake caliper mounting bracket rotating a small amount in the direction of wheel motion and contacting the post on the swingarm that holds it in place (see picture). The amount of movement is 1mm or less. (Edit: the free play is 0.28mm)
The caliper fasteners are torqued properly as is the rear axle nut. The wheel rotates freely. The clicking sound only occurs once per revolution direction when I apply the brakes. That is: roll bike forward and apply brakes = click. Further forward braking results in no clicks, but rearward braking does result in one click. i do not recall hearing this sound before, and I am not familiar with any other kind of caliper mounting brackets because this is my first bike.
Have any of you heard this noise on your bike, and if so, is it a normal noise?
Thanks,
David Helcel

·
Registered
565 Posts
Never heard of, or experienced this on my 60, but do remember that when I changed my tires a couple thousand miles ago, I greased it good and that this was a snug fit. You might have more play in there than needed.....for whatever reason :unsure:

Reactions: erdoc8921

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: I sent this video to my dealership and they state this is normal, and is due to the floating caliper. They tested several new scouts and found this noise on all of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts