Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with a manual give me some insight on bleeding the rear brake. I installed the kit to move the controls forward which required changing the brake line. I tried bleeding it several times but can't seem to get any pedal in it. I ordered a service manual but it hasn't arrived yet.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Can someone with a manual give me some insight on bleeding the rear brake. I installed the kit to move the controls forward which required changing the brake line. I tried bleeding it several times but can't seem to get any pedal in it. I ordered a service manual but it hasn't arrived yet.
Standard procedure. You can gravity bleed, or you can feather the pedal. Do not go fast or you just introduce more air. If you really have trouble you can install rubber tubing to the bleeder valves and put them into a container full of fluid so there will be an air trap.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dwarf summed it up well. The Service Manual covers bleeding the ABS brake system, but does not have a section on the US. Be sure to use DOT 4 brake fluid.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Im having the same problem. What did you do to correct this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts