Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone of you lucky Scout owners notice that if the brakes are on at the same time as the throttle, the ECU cuts the fuel? The ECU interprets this as the throttle being stuck open.
I often drag the rear brake through a corner to help the bike settle and pull it tighter, so that would not be possible anymore on the Scout....
I read this in a review by Australian Motorcyclist Magazine: Review: Australian Motorcycle News Reviews The New Indian Scout | Indian Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I haven't experienced that yet, but the same thing happens on the Chief models and there is an ecu flash to stop that from happening so possibly there is or will be one for the Scout.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've used throttle/brake many times at stop signs and such in traffic on my Scout with no throttle cut out. I think they probably learned from the Chief issue that it wasn't a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I've used throttle/brake many times at stop signs and such in traffic on my Scout with no throttle cut out. I think they probably learned from the Chief issue that it wasn't a good idea.
I think you're right on that, because on the way to work today I tried putting on the brakes while keeping the throttle on and it didn't cut out on me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
same here for me slim...;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts