Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2017 Roadmaster Classic. I added my trunk and and audio bags to it. I can’t get any sound. It’s all plug and play. I do have lights on the trunk. I’ve switched the fader on the stereo and nothing. Does the dealer need to program the rear sound? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
No. Like you said, plug n play. Must have something hooked up wrong.
I do know there are a few different kits with different wiring harnesses for different models/years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 2016 RM and my trunk came with the bike but this happened to me once when I re-attached the trunk. No sound at all from the rear speakers. I too thought it was something with the fader in the radio. Turns out the circuit that feeds the rear speakers needed to be replaced. Take it to the dealer and have them troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the awesome suggestions. I looked online and it appears that I have the correct cables. I can’t find anything online that says anything about switching the number of speakers. There are very few adjustments within the Ride Command to modify anything for the speakers. So I’m thinking this will need to go into the shop. The problem is that the closest shop that I trust is 100 miles away. Guess I’ll be planning that soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts