Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got them delivered and installed and all I can say is wow. For those of you who have read some of my posts I have fought with my Vance and Hines turndown exhaust and have a love hate relationship with them.

What I didn’t like about the Vance Hines were they were too quiet for me maybe stage 1 level I just got them cheaper. Also with a decatted headpipe I hated the cold start ping and tinny sound that it gave. I also could not hear the lope from the stage 2 cams I had put in with a good tune from Craig B with a 760-800rpm idle when warm.

Well with RCXSlip-On It solved the issues.
No more cold start ping, Finally I can hear the cams exhaust note Hallelujah. I would say it’s like stage 1.5 and a bit louder on start up but softens as the bike warms but is louder then the Vance and Hines. When I took the bike out for a quick test ride it doesn’t drone and is just fine for two up as other have stated. I did not observe really any power loss.

One other thing I noticed is when I would give it some throttle with the Vance and Hines it would kind of clack and every so often at cruise it would do the same On the left front now between the tune the exhaust and full synthetic 15/60I have 0 Engine next noise. I like the RCX to me sounds like a 1950s big block, they suit the sound and style I was looking for.

·
Rider
1,231 Posts
I got them delivered and installed and all I can say is wow. For those of you who have read some of my posts I have fought with my Vance and Hines turndown exhaust and have a love hate relationship with them.

What I didn’t like about the Vance Hines were they were too quiet for me maybe stage 1 level I just got them cheaper. Also with a decatted headpipe I hated the cold start ping and tinny sound that it gave. I also could not hear the lope from the stage 2 cams I had put in with a good tune from Craig B with a 760-800rpm idle when warm.

Well with RCXSlip-On It solved the issues.
No more cold start ping, Finally I can hear the cams exhaust note Hallelujah. I would say it’s like stage 1.5 and a bit louder on start up but softens as the bike warms but is louder then the Vance and Hines. When I took the bike out for a quick test ride it doesn’t drone and is just fine for two up as other have stated. I did not observe really any power loss.

One other thing I noticed is when I would give it some throttle with the Vance and Hines it would kind of clack and every so often at cruise it would do the same On the left front now between the tune the exhaust and full synthetic 15/60I have 0 Engine next noise. I like the RCX to me sounds like a 1950s big block, they suit the sound and style I was looking for.
I knew you would like them, I love mine. Best pipes I have found for my Vintage. You got a pic?

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll get some this afternoon with the humidity I was literally soaked in sweat. I picked my tools up after a quick ride and beer and shower time.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Those look great! Any difficulty with the install? Have been contemplating these over the past few months to replace my Vance & Hines

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will say they are kinda raspy at least with a decatted headpipe...and in the garage.....darn heavy rain. I can’t wait to get some mileage on them.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I didn’t realize that RC Components was located in Bowling Green, KY...we head to Lake Cumberland quite a bit.
The exhaust threads are well...exhausting to look through.
Do you have to change anything in the mapping when these are installed (stock headers and just plan on replacing V&H slip ons). I have the BBK and CraigB’s tune

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope I just reflashed the ECM with Craig’s tune, probably didn’t even have to do that. I reused the exhaust clamps that attach the front of the muffler onto the headpipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts